Live Watermarking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Watermarking?

Does anyone know if it's possible to add a watermark over the top of images that users upload to a site?

For example I run a website that I allow users to upload photos on, but obviously I lose a lot of band width due users posting the URL on other sites etc.

What I would like is all photos uploaded to my site to have my message / logo added over the top (such as Hosted By ******) so that if people then display the photos on other sites I gain by having my site advertised (fair exchange for me paying the bandwidth).

Anyone know if possible or sites that do similar already?

thanks.

by the way, the actual site I run isn't a vb board, it's a one off website.

Comment

hum, so why ask here if the site is not related to vBulletin?... people here know only vBulletin, they eat vB, they feel vB, they sleep with vB...
      oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

Yes it's possible. See this tutorial:
        http://www.sitepoint.com/article/watermark-images-php/

You'll need programming skills in PHP to accomplish this, and it's worth noting you should cache all watermarked images rather than doing it on the fly each page load.
        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by nexialys View Post
          hum, so why ask here if the site is not related to vBulletin?... people here know only vBulletin, they eat vB, they feel vB, they sleep with vB...
          Because this is the 'chit chat' section for stuff NOT related to VB. I do run a VB forum but it's not for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
            Yes it's possible. See this tutorial:
            http://www.sitepoint.com/article/watermark-images-php/

You'll need programming skills in PHP to accomplish this, and it's worth noting you should cache all watermarked images rather than doing it on the fly each page load.

Thanks Dean.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X