No announcement yet.

Big-Boards it's a Scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thought also, I can imagine it's a lot of work.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
      I see potential in the site and a business model, if the owner ever reads this after ignoring my email, feel free to contact me, I am interested in buying over the property/ip, domain and content. And keep the project going under a different network.
      I would imagine the site is still worth a fair amount of money, even though they don't keep it updated as such anymore. Plus, I bet they get many offers to buy it all the time, which might be why they ignored your email. In google the site still gets ranks as Number 1 for "bigboards" search. Although, I just checked the PR and it only has a Page Rank of 3.
      MRGTB
      Last edited by MRGTB; Sat 12 Sep '09, 3:08am.

Comment

Despite the appearance of "just" being a site, there is a business model there, they might see it, they might not. Ignoring offers is a shame, because other companies who might support the investment with their funding ... can really help realize a sale; despite recession. Especially since it doesn't have to be coded from scratch. Oh well hobby-building it in the meantime

Comment

Originally posted by hitmancode47 View Post
          There is already one,

I cant remember if its Admin Zone or Admin Addict (Think admin addict but unsure), but there is a forum that reviews your board just by submitting the URL in a post. pretty good service, but i dont know if they review "ALL" boards or just vB - been a long time since i saw it.
          Both TAZ and AdminAddict do Community Reviews. We also both have a directory, but submissions aren't limited to Big Boards.
          Regards,
          Nick

Comment

Here's one that was started since Big-Boards has died down:

http://www.thebiggestboards.com/

For some reason, I don't like it. I just don't get a good "vibe".
            Regards,
            Nick

Comment

It took 4 tries to sign up and 3 tries to submit the form. I gave up. What a horrible site to register on. Every time you had to re-enter all the data.

Comment

Still way better than a dead one. At least it works and quickly processes submissions. Though some jackass put an ad right across the navigation, rendering it inaccessible. Duh...
                Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

Comment

Every time you had to re-enter all the data.
                  That could get very anoying, specially since it could be a 20 page form!
                  Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment