Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Chat Big-Boards it's a Scam?

Is it a scam Big-Boards.com ?

They stopped display correctly my site some years ago, they show 1,8 mils posts instead of 5 mils, a couple of weeks ago I decide to use the "fast payed forum review" since they do not care to answer to my emails, "we are too busy" they write on the site, but if you pay we will review your site in 5 business day
    Nothing happened.

I opened a protest in Payapal, nobody answer until today.
    Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
    Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

I submitted my site more than 5 years ago, it still isn't listed, yet if I try to resubmit the site says it's "pending".

It has no credibility whatsoever.

And Digital Spy has been "board of the week" for years.

Big-boards.com is abandoned.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

That's fine for "no credibility", but they keep asking money and Paypal has an open contract with them, that's not nice at all.

Comment

Just been on that site, it doesnt look very well made.

If you look at the bottom

"Copyright 2003 - 2005" you know how long its been since they updated it.

Seems like a scam to me.
        Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

actually that site was closed 3 years ago and is maintained artificially by not closing it.

asking for money?... you've been spoofed, because the official administrators never asked a penny for the service. they never had paid reviews, it's an advertising from a client. the logic behind the site was to provide free-minded ranking of sites, it would be against the goal of the site to provide paid reviews.
          oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

Originally posted by nexialys View Post
            actually that site was closed 3 years ago and is maintained artificially by not closing it.

asking for money?... you've been spoofed, because the official administrators never asked a penny for the service. they never had paid reviews, it's an advertising from a client. the logic behind the site was to provide free-minded ranking of sites, it would be against the goal of the site to provide paid reviews.
            Yeah Big-Boards has been died years ago BUT I'm not sure how one can investigate who's the "official" administrator of a site...one thing is for sure the Paypal payment form there now:

http://www.big-boards.com/submit/

and it was there 2 years ago:

http://web.archive.org/web/200710080...ds.com/submit/

Comment

I kind of knew all these things, may be I was a little bit naif to try, but one thing I can't understand, why the H. Paypal is holding that account alive?

Comment

the big hit would be to start another big-boards site...
                oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

It still displays my stats correctly.
                  Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by nexialys View Post
                    the big hit would be to start another big-boards site...
                    There is already one,

I cant remember if its Admin Zone or Admin Addict (Think admin addict but unsure), but there is a forum that reviews your board just by submitting the URL in a post. pretty good service, but i dont know if they review "ALL" boards or just vB - been a long time since i saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmancode47 View Post
                      There is already one,

I cant remember if its Admin Zone or Admin Addict (Think admin addict but unsure), but there is a forum that reviews your board just by submitting the URL in a post. pretty good service, but i dont know if they review "ALL" boards or just vB - been a long time since i saw it.
                      Admin Zone has a board directory, but I don't think it's dedicated to Big Boards.

AFAIK, the only thing TAZ has that is Big Board only is it's Big Board Admin usergroup.
                      Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

I meant like there are loads of board directories out there, bigger than big-boards its self, cant name specifics but i have used them in the past to promote websites i made. not a very effective solution really.

Comment

Big boards has not been keeping their list updated. You can visit some sites listed as using certain forum software, which have changed to using vBulletin from SMF for example. But they still have it listed as using SMF. Also, some sites they list have died and gone altogether from the web.
                          MRGTB
                          Last edited by MRGTB; Fri 11 Sep '09, 4:52pm.

Comment

I see potential in the site and a business model, if the owner ever reads this after ignoring my email, feel free to contact me, I am interested in buying over the property/ip, domain and content. And keep the project going under a different network.

Comment

I think alot of the info on that site has be manually entered and updated. Its makes it quite a chore to do.
                              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment