Argh! I Think I'm Going to Hide Out Here for a While

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argh! I Think I'm Going to Hide Out Here for a While

Epinions did something UTTERLY stupid (if you write for them, you better go read their new terms). My board is in utter rebellion right now. This is one thing that really blows about being a support forum for another company. If that other company does something totally moronic, you get to be in the middle of the ensuing battles.

With everybody wearing warpaint at my board, I am highly tempted to just hide here until they forget that I'm alive. Anyone have a bullet-proof vest I can borrow?

But, hey, registrations and traffic are up.

Amy
    http://www.eaforums.com

Uh-oh! What did they do?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

1. They no longer pay for member hits. Income Share is the only compensation.

2. They discontinued content partner sites. No income from them any more either.

3. (and THIS is the one that has everyone raving on my forums) They removed the ability to edit or delete your reviews. If you don't like the fact that they are no longer going to pay you for them, tough. They get to keep them anyway.

Amy

Comment

Sheesh! Good luck with your forums!
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

A faction of my board has been writing "Reviews" for epinions entitled "Epinions Blows Dog". One poor member messed up and typed "Epinions Blows Dogs". Of course, she can't edit or delete the review.

Another faction of the site says that such reviews aren't fair to the other writers. A few of them are whining that it's hurting their earnings from the site.

Still others are plotting other nefarious deeds. It is out and out war. The Epinions Blows Dog reviews have been pretty fun to read though.

Amy

Comment

They are completely stupid. I've had issues with them ever since they claimed you can't revoke their license to use your supposedly copyrighted works.

Comment

Well, the battles seem to have worked. Epinions has restored our ability to edit and delete our reviews. There is something to be said for warpaint and civil disobedience.

Amy

Comment

Originally posted by amykhar
                1. They no longer pay for member hits. Income Share is the only compensation.

2. They discontinued content partner sites. No income from them any more either.

3. (and THIS is the one that has everyone raving on my forums) They removed the ability to edit or delete your reviews. If you don't like the fact that they are no longer going to pay you for them, tough. They get to keep them anyway.

Amy
                dot com casuality
                :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X