• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by stirra View Post
    Are you sure it's a legal windows 7?
    Considering it is Microsoft giving them away, pretty sure.

Leave a comment:

• stirra
    replied
    Are you sure it's a legal windows 7?

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    Windows7 parties haha! Nice one Microsoft.

Leave a comment:

• dilbert
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Biddle View Post
    I have learned to overlook the crap spewing from her mouth.
    I have her on ignore - it's a nice feature.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Biddle
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook View Post
    So... you're saying Microsoft is pirating it's own software?

That must be what you're saying because this is a Microsoft sponsored event.
    I have learned to overlook the crap spewing from her mouth.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Ashbrook
    replied
    Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
    They are dodgy and are giving away products that usually cost a fair amount of money. They are giving away pirated copies of programs.
    So... you're saying Microsoft is pirating it's own software?

That must be what you're saying because this is a Microsoft sponsored event.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Originally posted by hitmancode47 View Post
    Windows Vista (For me) is by far the worst operating system Microsoft have ever developed.
    I haven't had any problems with Windows Vista. In fact I use it now and it is great.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Originally posted by Cole2026 View Post
    It is sponsored by Microsoft, I just got an email from them about it. Why would it be risky?
    They are dodgy and are giving away products that usually cost a fair amount of money. They are giving away pirated copies of programs.

Originally posted by hitmancode47 View Post
    Those sites are always risky to me. Never used them, never will
    Same here.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Originally posted by Quillz View Post
    I've had the RTM installllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllled for quite some time, too. Now it's just a matter of updating the other PCs around my house.

Does Microsoft actually know whether or not you've hosted a Windows 7 "party?"
    I assume not... but you can't risk the

pics or didn't happen

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
    I have my party pack, but as an MSDN member, I already have Windows 7 Installllllllllled.
    I've had the RTM installllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllled for quite some time, too. Now it's just a matter of updating the other PCs around my house.

Does Microsoft actually know whether or not you've hosted a Windows 7 "party?"

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    I have my party pack, but as an MSDN member, I already have Windows 7 Installllllllllled.

Leave a comment:

• TheComputerGuy
    replied
    I got my party pack...my windows part coincides with my birthday...next saturday. i have my windows 7 machine installed for all to demo.

Leave a comment:

• dilbert
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
    You will all love Windows 7, I have to admit you would not notice a difference between the RC release, and the Final.. Like you would with Vista!!

Either way, its the best Microsoft released OS in my opinion
    So far so good. I installed it last night and have had no issues so far.
    I have a fairly new printer and went to the HP site to dl the driver, only to find out they didn't offer it yet, and it was already installed with Windows! I did a clean install over Vista and left all of my peripherals plugged in. It detected my Bose speakers, Dell monitors and HP printer and installed all of the drives (without me even knowing).

Now all I need is a free copy of Office 14! Any tips Joe?

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    You will all love Windows 7, I have to admit you would not notice a difference between the RC release, and the Final.. Like you would with Vista!!

Either way, its the best Microsoft released OS in my opinion

I am also jumping on the Apple Train, and getting a Mac Mini as soon as they're reshipping to Canada, any day now..

I will be adding 4 GB RAM, removing the stock module as mine are Crucial, taking it too 4 GB of RAM.. Then swapping the 120GB HD out for a 1 Terabyte one.
    With a clean install of Snow Leopard!!!
    Pretty nifty for something the size of a medium cookie box..

It will just DVI to a 24 INCH Dell Monitor, and I will be picking up either Altec Lansing speakers, or THX Home Theater Speakers.. Likely THX!!

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Originally posted by dilbert View Post
    I'll post some pics after this weekend - my party is Saturday. Wanna come?
    Not sure about the tote bags yet, a couple I'll keep for me the rest might go on eBay (kidding).
    Sure I'll attend. Send me a round trip airfare ticket please

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X