No announcement yet.

Free Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we start an "old farts" club here... I'd surely qualify for membership.

My first computer was an abacus, and I networked four of them together so I could calculate pi out to 16 decimal places.

LOL. Seriously, I'll give 7 it's due when it shows an ability to allow me to run my production efficiantly. Until then I'll stick with what works with the hardware, and stay on the bleeding edge of open source software for my personal stuff. I guess I'm just a geek that way
    Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigwater View Post
      Can we start an "old farts" club here... I'd surely qualify for membership.

My first computer was an abacus, and I networked four of them together so I could calculate pi out to 16 decimal places.

LOL. Seriously, I'll give 7 it's due when it shows an ability to allow me to run my production efficiantly. Until then I'll stick with what works with the hardware, and stay on the bleeding edge of open source software for my personal stuff. I guess I'm just a geek that way
      Start a thread on the subject or a new forum... ... A thread would be suitable, as all I have (had) is Amiga and Commadoore 64, but still have a few dozen floppies of program/games.

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
        My first computer was a Sinclair Spectrum (if only I'd kept it today, worth a fortune).
        Hardly... there are plenty on sale all over Europe still (check eBay etc.). You'd be lucky to sell it in mint condition for half the price you paid for it originally. Though admittedly, they're going for much more today than 10 years ago, when I sold one for practically nothing just to get rid of it. Still have a mint + though...
        Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

Comment

I'm suprized, I would have thought they'd be a collectors item fetching good money.

Comment

There were too many for that. Maybe in another 20 years...
            Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

Comment

Well, my Party Pack arrived yesterday.
              In it were party streamers, Windows 7 tote bags, a Windows 7 puzzle, balloons, and a Signature Edition of Windows® 7 Ultimate.
              Cliff
              PathLabTalk
              Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

Originally posted by dilbert View Post
                Well, my Party Pack arrived yesterday.
                In it were party streamers, Windows 7 tote bags, a Windows 7 puzzle, balloons, and a Signature Edition of Windows® 7 Ultimate.
                I'll take a tote bag

and PICS Please!
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I'll post some pics after this weekend - my party is Saturday. Wanna come?
                  Not sure about the tote bags yet, a couple I'll keep for me the rest might go on eBay (kidding).
                  Cliff
                  PathLabTalk
                  Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

Originally posted by dilbert View Post
                    I'll post some pics after this weekend - my party is Saturday. Wanna come?
                    Not sure about the tote bags yet, a couple I'll keep for me the rest might go on eBay (kidding).
                    Sure I'll attend. Send me a round trip airfare ticket please
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

You will all love Windows 7, I have to admit you would not notice a difference between the RC release, and the Final.. Like you would with Vista!!

Either way, its the best Microsoft released OS in my opinion

I am also jumping on the Apple Train, and getting a Mac Mini as soon as they're reshipping to Canada, any day now..

I will be adding 4 GB RAM, removing the stock module as mine are Crucial, taking it too 4 GB of RAM.. Then swapping the 120GB HD out for a 1 Terabyte one.
                      With a clean install of Snow Leopard!!!
                      Pretty nifty for something the size of a medium cookie box..

It will just DVI to a 24 INCH Dell Monitor, and I will be picking up either Altec Lansing speakers, or THX Home Theater Speakers.. Likely THX!!
                      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
                        You will all love Windows 7, I have to admit you would not notice a difference between the RC release, and the Final.. Like you would with Vista!!

Either way, its the best Microsoft released OS in my opinion
                        So far so good. I installed it last night and have had no issues so far.
                        I have a fairly new printer and went to the HP site to dl the driver, only to find out they didn't offer it yet, and it was already installed with Windows! I did a clean install over Vista and left all of my peripherals plugged in. It detected my Bose speakers, Dell monitors and HP printer and installed all of the drives (without me even knowing).

Now all I need is a free copy of Office 14! Any tips Joe?
                        Cliff
                        PathLabTalk
                        Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

I got my party pack...my windows part coincides with my birthday...next saturday. i have my windows 7 machine installed for all to demo.

Comment

I have my party pack, but as an MSDN member, I already have Windows 7 Installllllllllled.
                            Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                            VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                            vBulletin Hosting and Services
                            Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
                              I have my party pack, but as an MSDN member, I already have Windows 7 Installllllllllled.
                              I've had the RTM installllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllled for quite some time, too. Now it's just a matter of updating the other PCs around my house.

Does Microsoft actually know whether or not you've hosted a Windows 7 "party?"
                              Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                                I've had the RTM installllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllled for quite some time, too. Now it's just a matter of updating the other PCs around my house.

Does Microsoft actually know whether or not you've hosted a Windows 7 "party?"
                                I assume not... but you can't risk the

pics or didn't happen
                                Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                                VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                                vBulletin Hosting and Services
                                Server / Website Consultation

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X