No announcement yet.

Free Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Vista (For me) is by far the worst operating system Microsoft have ever developed.
    Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

I had Win7 on trial through the alpha ,beta and last RC...........

Then I downloaded the latest PCLINUXOS2009 live cd and tried that.

Win7 was wiped away 5 minutes later,who needs more garbage like that,it is just a glorified Vista.

Linux and the new Opera10 are soooo much better.

Screenshot of Opera 10/desktop attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CareyCrew View Post

Linux and the new Opera10 are soooo much better.

Screenshot of Opera 10/desktop attached.
        Do you have a list of programs and hardware that OS can use and run without real trouble. Just knocking one OS down without giving a good reason/ cons for it is a bit juvenile. At least give some examples on why you think this way, as I never wanted an apple products, as I was never into that FAD. I would buy an Apple OS, that is if it can run on a PC without hacks...

Just notice that this was not the voting thread...

Going to download Linuxos and see what it will do for my 486.

Comment

There's way too much going on in that pic.
          Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
          VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
          vBulletin Hosting and Services
          Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
            There's way too much going on in that pic.
            Glad I am not the only one who thought that. They complain about more features and than link to that. I'll keep Aero thanks. Though Aero Peek could give more information about the windows instead of just outlines. I just use Aero Switch though.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by hitmancode47 View Post
              Windows Vista (For me) is by far the worst operating system Microsoft have ever developed.
              You must be too young then to remember WinME.
              [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

Originally posted by hitmancode47 View Post
                Not even close.

Even Windows Zealots will tell you Windows ME was the worst peice of junk to hit the market.
                Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

I skipped all the "consumer grade" versions of windows. Started out on WFW 3.11, then jumped ship straight away to OS/2... It wasn't a bad OS, but it was just frustrating as hell when IBM mis-marketed it the way they did. Finally landed on MS when NT 3.51 hit the scene, then migrated through NT 4.0, 2000, then XP. Nobody ever accused me of being an early adopter. I'm sure 7 will be in my future... it's just gotta prove itself to work with my specific environment before I'll commit.
                  Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigwater View Post
                    I skipped all the "consumer grade" versions of windows. Started out on WFW 3.11, then jumped ship straight away to OS/2... It wasn't a bad OS, but it was just frustrating as hell when IBM mis-marketed it the way they did. Finally landed on MS when NT 3.51 hit the scene, then migrated through NT 4.0, 2000, then XP. Nobody ever accused me of being an early adopter. I'm sure 7 will be in my future... it's just gotta prove itself to work with my specific environment before I'll commit.
                    WFW 3.11... now that's some Nostalgic memories.
                    Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

Here is a link for Dev's and IT who may want to get a free copy.... (Will be getting beta Office 10 very soon... Not like I need it)
                      http://www.microsoft.com/business/thenewefficiency/

Comment

Originally posted by KW802 View Post
                        Jeez, I'd forgot about that one also. I actually used it after Windows 98SE, and had nothing but problems with it. I remember it well, because I took the disk back to the shop were I bought it from, thinking I had a duff disk and asked for a replacement. Yeah, it is a close match between Vista and Windows ME for the worst O/S ever from MS.

Although, I still think Vista takes the last couple of biscuits out the barrel.

I always though Windows 2000 Pro was such a sweet OS. More stable than a house build with concrete.

Oh and my old Commodore Amiga "WorkBench" OS was very stable too
                        Last edited by MRGTB; Mon 14 Sep '09, 10:42am.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                          Glad I am not the only one who thought that. They complain about more features and than link to that. I'll keep Aero thanks. Though Aero Peek could give more information about the windows instead of just outlines. I just use Aero Switch though.
                          Yep

Will you host a Windows 7 party? I've applied
                          Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                          VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                          vBulletin Hosting and Services
                          Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
                            Yep

Will you host a Windows 7 party? I've applied
                            No... Not that much of a geek anymore in my old age. October 22nd is a school night so it will be pretty laid back here. Most of us will be in bed by 10 p.m. to get up at 5 a.m. on Friday.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Not at all, i started computing on win 3.1 have been working my way through operating systems for years. Heck the first computer system i had ran on steam and coal power!

But at the moment im a XP user, but am soon venturing to move to Windows 7.
                              Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

My first computer was a Sinclair Spectrum (if only I'd kept it today, worth a fortune). Then I had a Commodore 64 with external tape deck (nothing but problems). Then an Amstrad 464 with green screen monitor. I've also owned an Amiga 600 and 1024 (those were the days of copying software from 3 half inch Floppy's every Friday night using XCopy in a Sunday School Church, that you paid a £1 or 50p to get in and set-up your system) So funny looking back at that now, first form of piracy taking place from a Sunday school church, when piracy was not even invented for computers then. And it was always packed to the rafters!

I've also owned an Atari ST later on. Yeah, I'm older than most here. In fact I very nearly had a: BBC Micro
                                Last edited by MRGTB; Mon 14 Sep '09, 3:12pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X