X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protoss
    replied
    It's related to rich text format.

The use of TNEF is commonly affected by settings in Outlook that are referred to as Microsoft Outlook Rich Text Format (RTF). Rich Text Format and TNEF are not exactly the same, but they are closely related.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290809

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
    Solution 1

Turn TNEF Off

Solution 2

Change e-mail format to 'Plain Text', then attach your files and send. Open your message, click 'Format', then check 'Plain Text'.
    What's TNEF?

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
    Hi there,

I have been trying to figure this out for a while but I am stomped.

I can receive and send normal emails from my outlook easily however I cannot send attachments.

Any ideas?

Cheers.
    Solution 1

Turn TNEF Off

Solution 2

Change e-mail format to 'Plain Text', then attach your files and send. Open your message, click 'Format', then check 'Plain Text'.
    Last edited by Joe Gronlund; Sun 30th Aug '09, 8:59am.

Leave a comment:

• hitmancode47
    replied
    Yeah any ideas where to look?

I can send the same attachments directly from within the ISP's email account but not through outlook.

The attachment is less than 1mb and is a gif image (I have tried other attachments of various sizes too, so it's not to do with the attachment).
    A file size of 1MB should be no problem at all, i send files ranging from 20 - 40 MB all the time.

Just out of curiosity what is your ISP?

Try looking at your limit settings for attachments, you may have default limits on them. I.E. Only being able to send certain file types, others get blocked by outlook, or there may be a limit to the size in the options.

Leave a comment:

• Msharry
    replied
    Hi there,

I can receive and send normal emails from my outlook easily however I cannot send attachments.

Any ideas?

Cheers.
    Try Windows Live Mail.

Leave a comment:

• Protoss
    replied
    Have changed your security settings. Firewall/antivirus. If you've changed security for instance, the scan setting may be corrupt. Worth considering a look at Outlook config and your security applications config.

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    Originally posted by hitmancode47 View Post
    It will probably be a Outlook configuration problem.

I cant really see the ISP blocking files.
    Yeah any ideas where to look?

I can send the same attachments directly from within the ISP's email account but not through outlook.

The attachment is less than 1mb and is a gif image (I have tried other attachments of various sizes too, so it's not to do with the attachment).

Leave a comment:

• hitmancode47
    replied
    It will probably be a Outlook configuration problem.

I cant really see the ISP blocking files.

Leave a comment:

• Reeve of Shinra
    replied
    how large is the attachment? It may be too large for your, or their, mailbox.

And what kind of attachment is it? Some isps will automatically delete emails with certain extensions like zip.

edit:

If you have webmail, try sending it from their and check if it goes through. Then you've isolated the issue to outlook and not the isp or the end users email client.

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    I get no error. It says the email is sent (it's in my sent items) but the email isn't recieved by the recipient (at all). When I don't attach anything it works fine.

Leave a comment:

• hitmancode47
    replied
    check your attachment settings,

What is the exact error you get?

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    started a topic Computer Chat Odd MS outlook attachment issues

Odd MS outlook attachment issues

Hi there,

Any ideas?

Cheers.