Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCK Shop - buy vB License from there?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DCK Shop - buy vB License from there?

    Hey all... just seen this: http://dckshop.com/

    Now, that's a way of getting vB licences for less!
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

  • #2
    Email the priacy email.
    Shane
    CIO, FrakMedia.net
    Director of Information, BattlestarForum.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
      Hey all... just seen this: http://dckshop.com/

      Now, that's a way of getting vB licences for less!
      Extremely dodgy.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

      TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

      Comment


      • #4
        I've reported it and the licensed are valid.
        Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
        VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
        vBulletin Hosting and Services
        Server / Website Consultation

        Comment


        • #5
          Looks like a guaranteed way to lose a site. And $85.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ray Morgan View Post
            Looks like a guaranteed way to lose a site. And $85.
            lol, I dear hope that it's stopped
            Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
            VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
            vBulletin Hosting and Services
            Server / Website Consultation

            Comment


            • #7
              So it is illegal?
              Jut a random internet person.

              A message to all illegal users!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by hitmancode47 View Post
                So it is illegal?
                Not really illegal, but I would recommend against using it.
                Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

                Comment


                • #9
                  Basically, they are a marketplace, they allocate licensed to you to which they have in their adventory.
                  Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                  VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                  vBulletin Hosting and Services
                  Server / Website Consultation

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook View Post
                    Not really illegal, but I would recommend against using it.
                    Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
                    Basically, they are a marketplace, they allocate licensed to you to which they have in their adventory.
                    I can't see how that is legal.
                    The Software is licensed only to you. You may not rent, lease, sublicense, sell, assign, pledge, transfer or otherwise dispose of the Software in any form, on a temporary or permanent basis, without the prior written consent of Jelsoft.
                    ...steven
                    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 1996 328ti View Post
                      I can't see how that is legal.
                      Basically, it is legal, becuase they transfer the licenses to you, after buying them.
                      Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                      VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                      vBulletin Hosting and Services
                      Server / Website Consultation

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        FWIW we do not allow anyone to purchase licenses at a bulk rate discount and sell them cheaper than our standard price. Also as previously noted they have to have our permission to resell a license.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                        Steve Machol Photography


                        Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                          FWIW we do not allow anyone to purchase licenses at a bulk rate discount and sell them cheaper than our standard price. Also as previously noted they have to have our permission to resell a license.
                          Steve, no one confirmed that they were a reseller, even Ray was suspicious...
                          Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                          VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                          vBulletin Hosting and Services
                          Server / Website Consultation

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            They are not an official reseller. But since they are clearly selling licenses they are, by definition, reselling vB. The difference is they are doing this without our permission.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                            Steve Machol Photography


                            Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                              They are not an official reseller. But since they are clearly selling licenses they are, by definition, reselling vB. The difference is they are doing this without our permission.
                              Thanks, just realised that I misread your post :/
                              Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                              VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                              vBulletin Hosting and Services
                              Server / Website Consultation

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X