Windows Compatible PHP/MYSQL Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Compatible PHP/MYSQL Chat

In my previous installation of VBulletin I used ARCS chat software on the Linux server. This was a separate chat application from my forum but my customer base loved it.

Now I have moved my forum to a Windows server. Forum works great but I was unable to get the ARCS software to work. It refused to process a login.

From what I have been able to determine, ARCS doesn't work on a Windows platform.

So I'm now looking for a free PHP/MYSQL Chat program that I can use on Windows so my customer base will be happy again

Thx for the help.

Don't people just install WAMP, and go from there??
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
      Don't people just install WAMP, and go from there??
      Hmmm, never heard of WAMP. Why would I need to install this since I already have Apache, MYSQL & PHP running successfully on my Windows server?

Comment

Originally posted by gphillips View Post
        Hmmm, never heard of WAMP. Why would I need to install this since I already have Apache, MYSQL & PHP running successfully on my Windows server?
        Well, I can't assume that you do
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
          Good point, but I'm good to go in that area

Just need to find some chat software that will run on Windows platform

Comment

Not sure if TeamSpeak will. There is also another too which I think will work, but for the life of me I can't remember the name now. It's very much like Teamspeak, but I know you can run it from your computer.

Jezz, whats the name now?

Comment

I remembered: http://www.ventrilo.com/

Download: http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

Comment

We really don't need anything with voice capability, just something for the people to type back and forth with. Please keep the suggestions coming.

Comment

I think you should go back to a Linux based server.

Here are some ASP chat scripts

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X