No announcement yet.

Installing Netscape, A few questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Netscape, A few questions..

Well I am planning on installing netscape 6.XX as I am curious to see how my pages appear. I was wondering, if I install, Do I have the choice of picking which formats it attaches itself to? Can I make it not-default, so that when I click on a link from say an ICQ message, that it will keep using IE rather then Netscape??

Hopefully some of you have installed it and perhaps wondering the same questions as me at one point

Thanks in advance
    Board of the Month: November
    Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
    Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
    vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

be *very* careful installing Nutscrape. since AOHell took over, they've gotten even worse than Microshaft about making all their programs your default (browser, mail client, etc).

Also, if you use AIM, they have a built in version in Nutscrape that's usually 2-3 versions behind the latest release.

Lastly, it is going to put links to Free AOHell EVERYWHERE on your computer. Look for them in your Start Menu, your IE and Nutscrape Browser bars, your Desktop, and I hear their even working on an update that will embroider it into your pillowcase and underwear.
    Webmaster:
    @forumz

Comment

Dang it Martin, what would I do without your great sense of humour?? heh lol

So if I install Netscrupe first, and then install Microshafts IE, will IE overwrite it? The last thing I want is AOHell having an ICON on my computer, I just want a 2nd browser to test my sites in, but I dont want it using mail clients, etc.

Would there possibly be a better place to go about asking this?
      vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

the last time I installed Nutscrape 6.x it was still in Beta and I didn't get the choice of whether or not I wanted it as my default browser/mail client, it just took over.

The way I found this out was opening Outlook and having it tell me it was not my default mail client and asking if I wanted it to be.

It's only a *minor* pain in the ass, but I hate AOHell even more than I hate Microshaft. Damned evil monopolies.
        Webmaster:
        @forumz

Comment

So its not currently defaulted anything on your computer? Even when you click on links from ICQ and what not?

Comment

nope, it's not defaulted.

Internet Exploder and Outlook both check to see if they're default and tell you if they aren't. It's a simple click to restore things as they were (and should be). The hard part is tracking down and getting rid of the 10 billion "click here for free AOHell" icons they put everywhere.

I think I'm going to get that logo printed on some toilet paper. I bet ir would be a HOT seller.
            Webmaster:
            @forumz

Comment

K, if you need help marketing that toilet paper, I am the man for the job, I have a really good source who works for Charmin! hehe JK

Umm, So I can hold you personally responsible when AOHells Netscrupe software frys my hard drive?? heh JK. I'll give it a shot when I get back from "Vacation" this weekend

Comment

This page and this page will give you some hints on where Netscape will drop AOL icons/links/whatever.

Comment

Thanks tubedogg.

Comment

Here is your site in NS 6.x on a res of 1280x1024

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X