Google becomes #1 in Alexa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google becomes #1 in Alexa

I just have seen it for the first time, Google grabs the globally position #1 in Alexa:

http://www.alexa.com/topsites/global
    $post[signature]

It should have been there a long time ago
    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

Not sure why anyone cares. Alexa isn't really a good indicator of anything.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

To be honest, I would expected Google to be ranked #1 months, if not years ago. but Alexa rankings are generally broken and dated anyway.
        DS Ultimate- A Nintendo DS Forum

My Blog (Nintendo, vBulletin and other articles)

My Profile and Modifications at vBulletin.org

Comment

Alexa had it's day, now it sucks cream eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            Not sure why anyone cares. Alexa isn't really a good indicator of anything.
            It would at least convince some people that Google deserves rank #1.
            $post[signature]

Comment

yet bing is #10 and pretty new, that tells me its going to the new latest and greatest... I have already switched due to more accurate content.
              www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

Originally posted by R1lover View Post
                yet bing is #10 and pretty new, that tells me its going to the new latest and greatest... I have already switched due to more accurate content.
                Not that my site is any indication of bing vs google, but people just aren't using bing that much. Not on my site anyway. (Reflects the last 30 days)
                Attached Files
                ...steven
                www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

For a search engine, google is still King. Bing doesn't come close imo.
                  Canadian Bodybuilding | Canadian Bodybuilding Forum

Comment

Originally posted by 1996 328ti View Post
                    Not that my site is any indication of bing vs google, but people just aren't using bing that much. Not on my site anyway. (Reflects the last 30 days)
                    The same on my sites..... but not many normal users even know about it yet to be honest... they do need more marketing... but I can pretty much bet it will be the default search engine on win 7.

Originally posted by musclenexus View Post
                    For a search engine, google is still King. Bing doesn't come close imo.
                    Have you tried bing?
                    www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

Originally posted by R1lover View Post
                      Have you tried bing?
                      I tried it, said "Oh, that's nice" and continued using Google.

Bing is interesting, but Google is simple and gets the job done for me. Searching is no where near as chaotic for me as they make it out to be in their commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
                        It should have been there a long time ago
                        It did show on the first for a long while. I don't know if it is ranked by PR? If it is so, then there's no doubt since the PR of Google is the highest 10.

Comment

Overall, I think everyone knows, or everyone that knows how the Internet works "On an Intermediate + level" knows that Google has been #1 for a very long time..

I think they just choose to use others, such as yahoo (gag) as a personal preference..
                          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X