cs.net swith to Ikonboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs.net swith to Ikonboard

From what I've know they went from UBB --> vbull --> UBB --> Ikonboard --> What is next?
    <sig removed because it violated the forum rules. Two requests were sent but ignored>

All I know is that it seems just as slow.
    Matt
    Sybase DBA / PHP fanatic
    Sybase v. MySQL v. Oracle | Why I don't like MySQL | Download Sybase TODAY! | Visit DBForums.com!

Comment

Ikonboard is not that good. Still in beta 7,no mySQl and harder to customize. You can use language packages but the problemis, some of the words are still hard coded.
      Ueli

Comment

But it seems lots more faster than UBB.
        <sig removed because it violated the forum rules. Two requests were sent but ignored>

Comment

Originally posted by certify
          But it seems lots more faster than UBB.
          I don't think it's *a lot faster,, just a little bit more faster.

Comment

damn - i must've missed the timespan they had a fine vB
            10 SIN
            20 GOTO HELL

Comment

Originally posted by orca
              Ikonboard is not that good. Still in beta 7,no mySQl and harder to customize. You can use language packages but the problemis, some of the words are still hard coded.
              Just to put the record straight

Ikonboard RC1 is being privately tested at the moment and at the time of writing, it can use DBM (PHP coders may be more familiar with the dba_ functions that relate to DBM), mySQL and pgSQL. The MS-SQL and Oracle plug in modules are being written at the moment.

Comment

A while back I offered to do some graphics for IkonBoard. Never heard a response, I am VB man now heheh
                Board of the Month: November
                Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
                Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
                vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Ikonboard is a fine script!
                  http://www.ironmagazine.com - blog
                  http://www.ironmagazineforums.com - forums
                  http://www.ironmaglabs.com - supplements

Comment

If you like CGI, I guess...
                    vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

CGI isnt a language, and the CGI description can also be applied to PHP scripts.

Ikonboard is a fine script no matter what language you're predjudiced towards. Anyone who doesnt recognise that is either biased, blind or stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumble
                        CGI isnt a language, and the CGI description can also be applied to PHP scripts.

Ikonboard is a fine script no matter what language you're predjudiced towards. Anyone who doesnt recognise that is either biased, blind or stupid.
                        Umm, vb rocks

Comment

Originally posted by Sinecure
                          Umm, vb rocks

I dont remember saying it didnt.

I have a lot of respect for both scripts.

Comment

No arguing about which forum is better, ok? We have no problems with Ikonboard as the creator and it's users are always very courteous when posting on our forum.

Comment

I thought of using iB before I bought vB =), but don't know why, I like vB more, because most boards I've seen using iB has a bad layout and style, which didn't please me, but that's their fault . iB 3 is looking good though, I'll see if they have a vB importer and when my license expire I MIGHT switch to iB =) hehe

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X