X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Originally posted by Quillz View Post
    So that means I can get a brand-new PC with Windows 7 late August or early September, instead of waiting for October 22?
    No, they get it August 8th..
    It is up to them to determine how long they want to test it against hardware, develop drivers, discontinue, and or add hardware and software to their compatibility lists...
    Currently I don't see them needing very many drivers if any, but they always like to have their own..

At that point they will start selling it installed on systems they build...

But chances are, yes you can get an OEM system before Retail box sale of October 22nd..
    Last edited by Joe Gronlund; Sat 25th Jul '09, 10:06am.

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
    OEM's will have RTM August 8th
    So that means I can get a brand-new PC with Windows 7 late August or early September, instead of waiting for October 22?

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    Originally posted by TTG View Post
    This is why I gave up running a forum 6 months ago .. petty bickering.

The link is to Amazon .. trust me, I don't own that
    It's not petty. This is a forum for vBulletin owners, not for you to post your sneaky money-making affiliate links

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
    Interesting, the latest build from Microsoft, which is the same build thas has been RTMd, has Internet Explorer in it. It isn't an E, and you can buy Windows 7 from outside of Europe and install it, hence, no damned EU restrictions. IE FTW... It's surprisingly fast...
    Its not exactly the same build, which is why 7600.16385. is stripped off too .rtm

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Interesting, the latest build from Microsoft, which is the same build thas has been RTMd, has Internet Explorer in it. It isn't an E, and you can buy Windows 7 from outside of Europe and install it, hence, no damned EU restrictions. IE FTW... It's surprisingly fast...

Leave a comment:

• TTG
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean C View Post
    Please remove the referral link from your post. That kind of thing is frowned upon here.
    This is why I gave up running a forum 6 months ago .. petty bickering.

The link is to Amazon .. trust me, I don't own that

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Originally posted by Quillz View Post
    If OEMs are able to get Win7 two days after it hits RTM (which appears to have been two days ago, July 22,) does that mean that someone could buy a brand new PC in early August and have it shipped with Windows 7 already?

I'm not sure why OEMs and everyone else gets the RTM early if it seemingly can't even be used until October 22.

OEM's will have RTM August 8th

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    Ordered on Amazon UK when they screwed up their original offer.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium E (PC)

Item(s) Subtotal: £39.10 Postage & Packing: £2.75 ----- Total Before VAT: £41.85 VAT: £6.28 ----- Total: £48.13 ----- Grand Total: £48.13
    Please remove the referral link from your post. That kind of thing is frowned upon here.
    Last edited by Zachery; Sat 25th Jul '09, 7:48am.

Leave a comment:

• Mac Write
    replied
    Computers won't ship with Windows 7 until October 22. Manufactures need the few months to test drives for hardware etc so they can ship working machines with Windows 7 come mid October.

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    If OEMs are able to get Win7 two days after it hits RTM (which appears to have been two days ago, July 22,) does that mean that someone could buy a brand new PC in early August and have it shipped with Windows 7 already?

I'm not sure why OEMs and everyone else gets the RTM early if it seemingly can't even be used until October 22.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied

Item(s) Subtotal: £39.10 Postage & Packing: £2.75 ----- Total Before VAT: £41.85 VAT: £6.28 ----- Total: £48.13 ----- Grand Total: £48.13
    Yaa, a lot are not wanting it with Internet Explorer. It has been a year since I have used it on a regular basis...
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Sat 25th Jul '09, 5:46am. Reason: referral id removed.

Leave a comment:

• TTG
    replied

Last edited by Wayne Luke; Sat 25th Jul '09, 5:45am. Reason: Referral ID Removed.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
    How the heck did he get a RC CD?
    That is not my DVD, I don't even use the Windows 7 DVD's I get because I have it downloaded from Connect, or Internally weeks before receiving it ..

Also I don't know who took that pic, but I sure hope it was from a MSDN user, or he just violated his NDA..

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Originally posted by Dody View Post
    I have an unlimited access to msdn academic, it is not there yet.. hopefully soon
    August 6th

Leave a comment:

• Dody
    replied
    I have an unlimited access to msdn academic, it is not there yet.. hopefully soon

Leave a comment: