Windows 7 RTM begins rollout August 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TTG View Post
    Ordered on Amazon UK when they screwed up their original offer.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium E (PC)

Item(s) Subtotal: £39.10 Postage & Packing: £2.75 ----- Total Before VAT: £41.85 VAT: £6.28 ----- Total: £48.13 ----- Grand Total: £48.13
    Please remove the referral link from your post. That kind of thing is frowned upon here.
    Last edited by Zachery; Sat 25th Jul '09, 7:48am.
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
      If OEMs are able to get Win7 two days after it hits RTM (which appears to have been two days ago, July 22,) does that mean that someone could buy a brand new PC in early August and have it shipped with Windows 7 already?

I'm not sure why OEMs and everyone else gets the RTM early if it seemingly can't even be used until October 22.

OEM's will have RTM August 8th
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
        Please remove the referral link from your post. That kind of thing is frowned upon here.
        This is why I gave up running a forum 6 months ago .. petty bickering.

The link is to Amazon .. trust me, I don't own that

Comment

Interesting, the latest build from Microsoft, which is the same build thas has been RTMd, has Internet Explorer in it. It isn't an E, and you can buy Windows 7 from outside of Europe and install it, hence, no damned EU restrictions. IE FTW... It's surprisingly fast...
          Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
          VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
          vBulletin Hosting and Services
          Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
            Interesting, the latest build from Microsoft, which is the same build thas has been RTMd, has Internet Explorer in it. It isn't an E, and you can buy Windows 7 from outside of Europe and install it, hence, no damned EU restrictions. IE FTW... It's surprisingly fast...
            Its not exactly the same build, which is why 7600.16385. is stripped off too .rtm
            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by TTG View Post
              This is why I gave up running a forum 6 months ago .. petty bickering.

The link is to Amazon .. trust me, I don't own that
              It's not petty. This is a forum for vBulletin owners, not for you to post your sneaky money-making affiliate links
              Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
                OEM's will have RTM August 8th
                So that means I can get a brand-new PC with Windows 7 late August or early September, instead of waiting for October 22?
                Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                  So that means I can get a brand-new PC with Windows 7 late August or early September, instead of waiting for October 22?
                  No, they get it August 8th..
                  It is up to them to determine how long they want to test it against hardware, develop drivers, discontinue, and or add hardware and software to their compatibility lists...
                  Currently I don't see them needing very many drivers if any, but they always like to have their own..

At that point they will start selling it installed on systems they build...

But chances are, yes you can get an OEM system before Retail box sale of October 22nd..
                  Last edited by Joe Gronlund; Sat 25th Jul '09, 10:06am.
                  MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                  Microsoft Beta Team

Comment