No announcement yet.

Best operating system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 RTM "Final" Build will be build 7600.16384.090710-1945 unless there are very small remark changes before tomorrow "time stamp, or comment changes for example"

It's Done!! OEM's with have it in a matter of weeks..
    Retail stores October 22nd.. Office 2010 to Follow!!!

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer is holding a keynote tomorrow to confirm this Information to the public, even thought the information was released, no official statement has yet been made ...
    Last edited by Joe Gronlund; Mon 13th Jul '09, 2:21pm.
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Can someone explain to me why Windows ME, 2000, and XP came out so close to each other?

I know Millennium Edition was terrible but why did the bring out XP only a year after Windows 2000?

Comment

Windows 2000 was a business operating system and Windows XP was a consumer operating system. These were combined in Vista with the multiple editions.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by harmor View Post
          Can someone explain to me why Windows ME, 2000, and XP came out so close to each other?

I know Millennium Edition was terrible but why did the bring out XP only a year after Windows 2000?
          Windows ME was more or less a "consumer" version of Windows 2000, despite the fact it was still based on MS-DOS. It was the third and final release of Windows 4, also known as the "Windows 9x" era.

A year later, Windows ME was succeeded by Windows XP, the first consumer release to be based on the Windows NT kernel.

Windows 2000 was the successor to Windows NT Workstation 4.1 from 1996, and was more or less a "business" OS, although it did see some use by so-called "prosumers." It, too, was succeeded by Windows XP in 2001.

WinXP was the first time Microsoft built an OS for both the enterprise and the consumers, and every release since then has followed the trend, with the exception of Windows Server releases.
          Forums

Comment

I'm a Windows user and happy with it.
            Canadian Bodybuilding | Canadian Bodybuilding Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
              Windows ME was more or less a "consumer" version of Windows 2000, despite the fact it was still based on MS-DOS. It was the third and final release of Windows 4, also known as the "Windows 9x" era.

A year later, Windows ME was succeeded by Windows XP, the first consumer release to be based on the Windows NT kernel.

Windows 2000 was the successor to Windows NT Workstation 4.1 from 1996, and was more or less a "business" OS, although it did see some use by so-called "prosumers." It, too, was succeeded by Windows XP in 2001.

WinXP was the first time Microsoft built an OS for both the enterprise and the consumers, and every release since then has followed the trend, with the exception of Windows Server releases.

Thank you Wayne Luke and Quillz.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X