Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you on Facebook?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
    I became a fan of your page and sent you a pm regarding your url
    http://www.facebook.com/username/
    for others that don't know, if you have a fan page with 100 fans, you can get a pretty url like I have on this page
    http://www.facebook.com/TransformTopeka
    sweet thanks. this must be new....I tried to do this on the day they allowed it and it said I couldnt. weird

    Comment


    • #17
      so how exactly do I do that?

      Comment


      • #18
        I thought you got a pretty URL if you registered before a certain date. I closed a previous account that I never really used, but could have got a pretty URL for it because it was opened before a certain date.

        Tried to get one with the new account as was not able too because of the date it was started.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
          I thought you got a pretty URL if you registered before a certain date. I closed a previous account that I never really used, but could have got a pretty URL for it because it was opened before a certain date.

          Tried to get one with the new account as was not able too because of the date it was started.
          my fan page has been around long before the pretty URL thing. On the day it was announced I did it for my personal page but wasn't allowed to do it for either of my fan pages.

          Comment


          • #20
            oops, I figured it out. thanks Loco!

            Comment


            • #21
              is there a way to get notifications when a new person becomes a fan on the page?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by ChicagoPhotoShop View Post
                my fan page has been around long before the pretty URL thing. On the day it was announced I did it for my personal page but wasn't allowed to do it for either of my fan pages.
                ya, it was 1,000 fan limit the day they allowed the profile url's
                than it went to 100 fans this last sunday

                Originally posted by ChicagoPhotoShop View Post
                is there a way to get notifications when a new person becomes a fan on the page?
                not that I know of, if you find out, let me know pls
                -- Web Developer for hire
                ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

                Comment


                • #23
                  here is a great article that describes the concerns I also have with facebook.

                  the article is well written, and really has some good points

                  http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...an/14/facebook
                  My site
                  www.coolservice.dk

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    That article is the exact opposite of my experience with Facebook. Facebook as allowed me to reconnect with highschool friends that I had drifted apart from. I can't go to the corner pub to have a drink with them. They are all over the world. Oslo, Tokyo, Atlanta, St. Louis, Seattle, etc... Yeah some are local and Facebook doesn't preclude us from getting together. In fact, due to Facebook I was able to reconnect with some old friends and they came over on Saturday for dinner. I haven't seen them in 5 years due to various circumstances, such as work and injury.

                    Overall the article seems to be a rant against advertising and the venture capital more than anything else.
                    Translations provided by Google.

                    Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Of course I have a Facebook page..

                      It is the best social network out there..

                      Why people go adding person information, like their Phone number to their pages is beyond me..

                      You think only your friends can see that information??

                      I can guarantee you your wrong!!!!

                      Just don't be stupid, and have fun...
                      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                      Microsoft Beta Team

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
                        Of course I have a Facebook page..

                        It is the best social network out there..

                        Why people go adding person information, like their Phone number to their pages is beyond me..

                        You think only your friends can see that information??

                        I can guarantee you your wrong!!!!

                        Just don't be stupid, and have fun...

                        I wouldn't call it stupidity if people add their phone numbers.... the correct word is "naive".
                        People think that it's safe because it's so big. But as you said, they're wrong.

                        I gave up on explaining to people why facebook is a bad idea though. They will find out in the future.........
                        My site
                        www.coolservice.dk

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by dreamer81 View Post
                          I wouldn't call it stupidity if people add their phone numbers.... the correct word is "naive".
                          People think that it's safe because it's so big. But as you said, they're wrong.

                          I gave up on explaining to people why facebook is a bad idea though. They will find out in the future.........
                          no no please indulge us. why is facebook a bad idea?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by dreamer81 View Post
                            I wouldn't call it stupidity if people add their phone numbers.... the correct word is "naive".
                            People think that it's safe because it's so big. But as you said, they're wrong.

                            I gave up on explaining to people why facebook is a bad idea though. They will find out in the future.........
                            1. No, I would never in my life call anyone stupid.. That was an action...
                            2. I think Facebook is an awesome site, and that people are not aware..
                            3. I don't think Facebook is a bad idea, It it probably one of my most favorite sites.. On system or mobile....
                            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                            Microsoft Beta Team

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
                              When I uploaded photo's after joining for the first time, you are shown an agreement which you agree that Facebook can use your images as they see fit (if I remember right). Or words pretty much to that effect! You really should "take the time" to read the fine-print before putting a tick in any boxes, accepting everything in a flash. No use crying over spilt milk later, they do actually warn you first!
                              I believe that was the case a while ago, If I remember correctly they changed their terms of service.

                              Originally posted by dreamer81 View Post
                              I wouldn't call it stupidity if people add their phone numbers.... the correct word is "naive".
                              People think that it's safe because it's so big. But as you said, they're wrong.

                              I gave up on explaining to people why facebook is a bad idea though. They will find out in the future.........
                              There are privacy settings which allow you to hide your number therefore not allowing anyone other than your friends to see it.

                              Originally posted by dreamer81 View Post
                              here is a great article that describes the concerns I also have with facebook.

                              the article is well written, and really has some good points

                              http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...an/14/facebook
                              You pulled up an article from January 14th 2008? That was over a year ago, not to mention that a lot of news articles can be biased against one thing or the other.
                              Last edited by 2Fast08; Sun 5 Jul '09, 8:32pm.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Personally I prefer MySpace but don't blame me
                                I have Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/captainslater

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X