Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad to see a guy that I respected highly leave vBulletin.com.
    See ya Floris.
    Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
    Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

I don't understand why Floris doesn't still take an active part in the community. I know he's no longer on the staff role, but he could still offer a lot of advice as a regular member still. He has a good knowledge of vBulletin and it's waste really to see him make this low key decision here now.

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
        I don't understand why Floris doesn't still take an active part in the community. I know he's no longer on the staff role, but he could still offer a lot of advice as a regular member still. He has a good knowledge of vBulletin and it's waste really to see him make this low key decision here now.
        If you took the time to read his opening post you will find that it is because of a myriad of reasons mainly to do with the negativity. Floris isn't at all negative but knows when to step in and pull somebody he doesn't like into line. He was helpful to those who wanted the help.
        He can post here whenever he wants to. It's just that he chooses not to at this time due to the abuse. He's a pretty shy sort of bloke and I don't think it would be something for him to read up all the comments that are negative. Negative posts are off putting.
        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
          Floris isn't at all negative but knows when to step in and pull somebody he doesn't like into line.
          Bad choice of words. I don't think Floris has ever intentionally taken a dislike to anyone.
          He may have pulled people into line based on their actions, however.
          Toddler from Hell

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
            Bad choice of words. I don't think Floris has ever intentionally taken a dislike to anyone.
            He may have pulled people into line based on their actions, however.
            He has pulled people into line when they have had a crack at him. You only have to go on his own forum to know how he runs it. He's a great guy, knows what to do but doesn't like to be challenged by anyone.
            Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

Sad to see a guy that I respected highly leave vBulletin.com.
              See ya Floris.
              Floris has always put 100% into supporting vB and its users and when I was struggling to think of how I wanted to present my forum and web site he created a design story board for both without even the mention of money and that is how I have always found him to be if asked for advice.

Don't forget English is not his first language and like most people from another country doing their best to accommodate our lack of effort to learn their language they can seem to be direct and often blunt. If anyone wishes to converse in Dutch so we can all pick holes in their interpretation then perhaps it will balance the debate a bit.

Floris you are a gentleman in the true sense and a pleasure to know. Anyway if plain speaking was a crime I would have had the death sentence years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by PirateReports View Post
                Floris has always put 100% into supporting vB and its users and when I was struggling to think of how I wanted to present my forum and web site he created a design story board for both without even the mention of money and that is how I have always found him to be if asked for advice.

Don't forget English is not his first language and like most people from another country doing their best to accommodate our lack of effort to learn their language they can seem to be direct and often blunt. If anyone wishes to converse in Dutch so we can all pick holes in their interpretation then perhaps it will balance the debate a bit.

Floris you are a gentleman in the true sense and a pleasure to know. Anyway if plain speaking was a crime I would have had the death sentence years ago.
                That's probably why I like him because he's Dutch. I have got family who are also Dutch.
                Probably why I respect him highly.
                I have always found Floris to be really helpful. Just like what you are Howard.
                Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

That's probably why I like him because he's Dutch. I have got family who are also Dutch.
                  Probably why I respect him highly.
                  I have always found Floris to be really helpful. Just like what you are Howard.
                  What a strange post...

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly View Post
                    What a strange post...
                    It's honest which is a very appealing trait when the net is riddled with so much adverse content, and criticism for the sake of it does nothing for forum harmony.

Was that really necessary?

Comment

Originally posted by PirateReports View Post
                      It's honest which is a very appealing trait when the net is riddled with so much adverse content, and criticism for the sake of it does nothing for forum harmony.

Was that really necessary?
                      Was that?

Comment

He can post here whenever he wants to. It's just that he chooses not to at this time due to the abuse.
                        Floris still posts here, just not as much has he used to. I have noticed a few topics he has replied to.

He was helpful to those who wanted the help.
                        couldent agree more.
                        Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly View Post
                          Was that?
                          Dilly,

I know you and I don't get on that well. What did you think of Floris when he was more active?
                          Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

Can you two show a bit more etiquette on this thread? If you want to go argue, do it elsewhere.
                            Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                            VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                            vBulletin Hosting and Services
                            Server / Website Consultation

Comment

If you took the time to read his opening post you will find that it is because of a myriad of reasons mainly to do with the negativity. Floris isn't at all negative but knows when to step in and pull somebody he doesn't like into line. He was helpful to those who wanted the help.
                              He can post here whenever he wants to. It's just that he chooses not to at this time due to the abuse. He's a pretty shy sort of bloke and I don't think it would be something for him to read up all the comments that are negative. Negative posts are off putting.
                              Why was my previous reply to this post by schwab2clarkson deleted?

All that I said in reply was: "What makes you think I didn't read Floris original post". That was all.

You soft deleted both mine and her post yesterday, and now later you have restored her post quoting me, yet left mine deleted still.

If I had of posted some kind of sarcastic or abusive remark, I could understand why. But seeing as there was nothing wrong with my reply, I take offence that you have chosen to restore her post (quoting me), yet left mine deleted giving me no chance to reply to her stupid comments.
                              Last edited by MRGTB; Wed 2nd Sep '09, 6:33pm.

Comment

Dilly,

I know you and I don't get on that well. What did you think of Floris when he was more active?
                                I get on well with Floris. Always have.

Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
                                Can you two show a bit more etiquette on this thread? If you want to go argue, do it elsewhere.
                                No worries sir.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X