X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
    I don't understand why Floris doesn't still take an active part in the community. I know he's no longer on the staff role, but he could still offer a lot of advice as a regular member still. He has a good knowledge of vBulletin and it's waste really to see him make this low key decision here now.
    If you took the time to read his opening post you will find that it is because of a myriad of reasons mainly to do with the negativity. Floris isn't at all negative but knows when to step in and pull somebody he doesn't like into line. He was helpful to those who wanted the help.
    He can post here whenever he wants to. It's just that he chooses not to at this time due to the abuse. He's a pretty shy sort of bloke and I don't think it would be something for him to read up all the comments that are negative. Negative posts are off putting.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    I don't understand why Floris doesn't still take an active part in the community. I know he's no longer on the staff role, but he could still offer a lot of advice as a regular member still. He has a good knowledge of vBulletin and it's waste really to see him make this low key decision here now.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Sad to see a guy that I respected highly leave vBulletin.com.
    See ya Floris.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Cya Floris

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    A vital bit of vBulletin died for me when The Great Floris left the team.

Floris was here when I started and helped me even when I had stupid questions. And he was always the consummate professional.

However good the new team are, it just isn't the same.
    I always told customers to not be shy and just ask. There are no stupid questions. And I am glad I could help you get started with your community. Thanks for the kind words.

Originally posted by Anthony89 View Post
    Floris when I think of vBulletin you are one of the first things I think of. I always respected your position and your posts here. Shame to see you go but good luck.
    Thank you for the nice words. I was hoping the first thing on your mind was the software, but ok I can live with that

Originally posted by vithorius View Post
    Man... I know I'm not that big poster (I'm a bit more on vb.org), but this is really depressing...

Just what is going on with the vb universe...?!?

I want to thank you Floris for all the help that you directly (or indirectly) have given me!

(I'm really starting to feel somehow kind of lost in this vb universe... )
    You don't have to be a big poster to be a respected member Enjoy your community and I was happy to help. Thanks.

Originally posted by FreshFroot_ View Post
    I feel the same way Floris. I think I am going to be spending less time here as well. It just isn't the same anymore......
    With more information finally set in stone and bits of info being shared in blogs and announcements, it feels that the 'ranting' has gone down a bit. Let's hope if those users return they at least learned to be constructive in their criticism. Anyway, that's too off topic. Sorry to hear you don't feel like being active that much either anymore.

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Off Topic posts have been removed.
    Yep thanks, I like to keep this thread on topic.

ANYWAY: Thank you all again, I let this go for a while to allow people to reply, but I felt I had to come back and let you know I have read all the comments, including your twitter msgs, privmsgs, emails, comments on my blog and what not. Appreciated.

See you all in a while again.

Leave a comment:

• Davian Ambrose
    replied
    Oh! Well good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Off Topic posts have been removed.

Leave a comment:

• FreshFroot_
    replied
    I feel the same way Floris. I think I am going to be spending less time here as well. It just isn't the same anymore......

Leave a comment:

• vithorius
    replied
    Man... I know I'm not that big poster (I'm a bit more on vb.org), but this is really depressing...

Just what is going on with the vb universe...?!?

I want to thank you Floris for all the help that you directly (or indirectly) have given me!

(I'm really starting to feel somehow kind of lost in this vb universe... )

Leave a comment:

• Anthony89
    replied
    Floris when I think of vBulletin you are one of the first things I think of. I always respected your position and your posts here. Shame to see you go but good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    A vital bit of vBulletin died for me when The Great Floris left the team.

Floris was here when I started and helped me even when I had stupid questions. And he was always the consummate professional.

However good the new team are, it just isn't the same.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    And regarding every other post in this thread: Thank you all for your feedback, and see you all soon again. Somewhere online.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by cheat-master30 View Post
    Bye. It's kinda depressing here now with so many of the staff and long time members gone. Wish you the best of luck, and one quick question:

Does that mean you'd be at vB Fans or whatever more or less?
    All the vBulletin-*.com communties under the vbfans network will be merged into 1 domain such as vbfans.com, which will be merged into the wetalk network. How much we're going to continue depends on the activity on the forum, not on my dedication to keep it running (won't be less). Hope to see you there too!

Leave a comment:

• Chroder
    replied
    You've been an impressive contributor to vBulletin and this community for so long, it is sad to see you go. Though I can understand your discernment regarding the overall feel of this place -- especially lately with the overwhelming negativity that Razasharp noted above.

Although you are withdrawing from this place, I have no doubt you will continue to commit your talents and ideas to other venues and I wish you great luck.

You have been, and continue to be, a great friend and colleague. I'll see you around on IRC and skype!

Leave a comment:

• Razasharp
    replied
    Lol yeah - I give him a month/after vb4 is out :lol:

I haven't posted much lately either, a lot to do with being busy, but also because there's so much bickering in the feedback section, I'd like to respond every time I see a silly point being posted but then I'd be here all day - and I just don't have that kind of time. The negativity seems to have gone into overdrive (although it's calming down again now).

Floris - don't be stranger!

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X