Does vbulletin have a stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does vbulletin have a stock

Does vbulletin or really jelsoft have a stock or is it private owned.

Pretty sure it's privately owned.

Comment

Well, Jelsoft is owned by Internet Brands, and IB is NASDAQ: INET
      Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

Originally posted by mlx View Post
        Well, Jelsoft is owned by Internet Brands, and IB is NASDAQ: INET
        http://www.google.com/finance?q=INET
        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

So, when vbulletin makes money, so does Internet Brands?.. IM just curious maybe to invest some before vb4 comes out because I am sure they will make some good money from it.

Comment

Originally posted by LilPimpnRapper View Post
            So, when vbulletin makes money, so does Internet Brands?.. IM just curious maybe to invest some before vb4 comes out because I am sure they will make some good money from it.
            Looking at some of the things going on in this forum right now, personally I'm not quite sure I'd invest in IB
            Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

Jelsoft is privately owned, so no.
              InternetBrands who owns Jelsoft is on NASDEQ under INET.
              INET's stock is there and sure, the licensing that Jelsoft generates adds to the health of INET. So if they make profit, stock might go up.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                Jelsoft is privately owned, so no.
                InternetBrands who owns Jelsoft is on NASDEQ under INET.
                INET's stock is there and sure, the licensing that Jelsoft generates adds to the health of INET. So if they make profit, stock might go up.

which is it? privately owned or owned by IB ? cant be both

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoPhotoShop View Post
                  I was going to say that.
                  Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                  VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                  vBulletin Hosting and Services
                  Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Being it reported a Q1 profit fall, and the stock is trading at 7.01 which is high for it's 52 week average (7.24), I wouldn't think it would be a good stock to buy for the short term.

You would need to research and believe that it would be a good stock for the long term in order for this buy to make sense.

Of course, this is only my opinion and hey.. it's your money!

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoPhotoShop View Post
                      Why can't it?

IB = Publically traded.
                      Jelsoft = Owned/Subsidiary of IB (a.k.a. Privately Owned by Internet Brands), therefor any profits made by Jelsoft can affect INET Stock.

Makes sense to me.
                      Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook View Post
                        Why can't it?

IB = Publically traded.
                        Jelsoft = Owned/Subsidiary of IB (a.k.a. Privately Owned by Internet Brands), therefor any profits made by Jelsoft can affect INET Stock.

Makes sense to me.
                        you can't be privately owned by a public company. if IB owns Jelsoft, then Jelsoft is not privately owned. it is owned by the stock holders of IB, aka the public.

Comment

Actually a public company can own a private company. Under the law, Corporations are legal entities with all the rights and privileges that entails. They are capable of owning property of their own including other companies.

It is done all the time for a lot of different reasons. In fact Time Warner is getting ready to spin off AOL into a privately owned subsidiary. This means Time Warner will own all of AOL's stock. While the board of Time Warner can deal with AOL as they please, to the stock holders its just another asset line in the yearly report.

Another example is Blizzard Games which is a company in its own right and used to have its own stock. It however is owned by Blizzard Activision which is in turn owned by Vivendi Entertainment.

Jelsoft is the same to Internet Brands. You cannot buy stock in Jelsoft, you would have to buy stock in the parent company.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                            Actually a public company can own a private company. Under the law, Corporations are legal entities with all the rights and privileges that entails. They are capable of owning property of their own including other companies.

It is done all the time for a lot of different reasons. In fact Time Warner is getting ready to spin off AOL into a privately owned subsidiary. This means Time Warner will own all of AOL's stock. While the board of Time Warner can deal with AOL as they please, to the stock holders its just another asset line in the yearly report.

Another example is Blizzard Games which is a company in its own right and used to have its own stock. It however is owned by Blizzard Activision which is in turn owned by Vivendi Entertainment.

Jelsoft is the same to Internet Brands. You cannot buy stock in Jelsoft, you would have to buy stock in the parent company.
                            hmm yea I guess you're right. although its confusing. I knew there was more to it when Ryan mentioned Subsidary. where I get confused is who pockets the profit of Jelsoft, the private owners or IB? IB does. so what do the private "owners" of Jelsoft actually own?

Comment

Internet Brands is the only private owner. The fact that someone can buy stock in Internet Brands is not relevant to that fact.
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X