Ordered a Mac Pro!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    I have not used VMWare but my experience with Parallels has convinced me never to use them again. Their support is subpar. They do not even read your tickets and when they finally reply it's 1-2 days later. Getting help with anything could take weeks. I finally gave up on them.
    I'll vouch for what Steve said there...
    Here's what they've done w/ my ticket so far: http://andy.hwang.tw/misc/Parallels-Support.png

I don't know if it's because I'm used to vBulletin's awesome support or what... but at the very least they should read my ticket carefully before choosing an irrelevant canned response...
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

I liked parallels, but when I needed support it was big fail.
      I got a vmware license and got another free parallel license.

But still using only vmware actually. I uninstalled parallels.

Comment

I am running here VMWare Fusion 2 on my 17" MacBook Pro. It is an impressive piece of software.

I think a screenshot say more than thousand words. Take a look at the attached screenshot running Gothic 3 in a virtual Windows Vista machine under VMWare Fusion 2. The sound stutter here and there but it is quite playable
        Attached Files
        Contentteller Community Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Philipp View Post
          Take a look at the attached screenshot running Gothic 3 in a virtual Windows Vista machine under VMWare Fusion 2. The sound stutter here and there but it is quite playable
          That's really impressive. My Macbook (none pro) has got an Intel-Chip for graphics and VMWare doesn't find a 3d-acceleration.
          As far as I'm informed, VMWare fusion is the only VM being able to wrap 3D from the guest to the host, is that correct?
          Meow!

Please excuse my bad English.

Comment

I play Counter Strike: Source on my mac pro and it's just fine. Steam games look great.
            I am using crossover games for windows games on the mac.

Comment

Not much faith in VMware fusion either - just downloaded the trial and tried to put the W7 beta on it... but it kept reporting errors and just died in the end, even virtualbox managed it!

Although it could be that I'm on Snow Leopard at the mo :-/
              What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                (there is a ' if you get a system after june 8 , you get snow leopard for $10 instead of $29 ' post somewhere on apple.com's official site)
                http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/

The only thing I have with my Mac Pro is about power. Sometimes it won't get up from sleeping or have some long time to boot. If I'm using it for around 1 hour after a sleeping and get it to a new sleeping, it fail.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with Mac hardware

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
                  Not much faith in VMware fusion either - just downloaded the trial and tried to put the W7 beta on it... but it kept reporting errors and just died in the end, even virtualbox managed it!

Although it could be that I'm on Snow Leopard at the mo :-/
                  You must have done something wrong, because I was able to install Windows 7 with no problems on VMware Fusion. Just be sure you tell the software you're setting up "Windows Vista," either 32-bit or 64-bit.
                  Forums

Comment

Yeah it automatically selected it as Vista 64 bit - perhaps it's because I'm on Snow Leopard :/

Comment

Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
                      Yeah it automatically selected it as Vista 64 bit - perhaps it's because I'm on Snow Leopard :/
                      VMware Fusion more or less does automatic detection, so if it's trying to set you up with a Vista 64-bit VM, it's because Win7 is 64-bit. If that's wrong, just change it.
                      Forums

Comment

Yeah it did automatically detect - it pretty much went ahead and did the install itself, so I'm not sure any of my actions had an impact. All I can think of is I'm on SL. I'll try again tomorrow when I revert back to leopard.

Comment

It's here! And it's lush :-D

Comment

So pwettttttyyy

Comment

I hate you!
                              Bob- (pank)
                              pankpages.com / http://twitter.com/_pank

Comment

What size monitor are you using with it?
                                Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X