No announcement yet.

How fast is your internet connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at the moment, for 10 more i can get 60, and then more for 90, both on 6mbit up, and 120mbit is now 10mbit up.

Comment

Yeah right, make me jealous.

btw. my MightyMouse just died. RIP.
      That's the end of that!

Comment

I pay 35$ for my 25/5 connection. I can upgrade to 100/5 for 65$ but don't see a reason to do so while upload is limited to 5mbit.

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase View Post
          Yeah right, make me jealous.

btw. my MightyMouse just died. RIP.
          Pft, get a real mouse. That one sucks.

If I didn't have my desktop on as well as using a number of things, I could push closer to 8 up. I just wish upload wasn't so bad.
          Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

from work
            My site
            www.coolservice.dk

Comment

I still find this to be very erratic.
              I supposedly have a 100 Mb line at work and each time I check I get very different results.

Same server

Different server close by

Different server other side of country

Different server different country
              Cliff
              PathLabTalk
              Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

Shows you how important those root dns servers are, and the routing between major backbones and their isp individually. especially overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by dilbert View Post
                  I supposedly have a 100 Mb line at work and each time I check I get very different results.

Same server

Different server close by

Different server other side of country

Different server different country
                  if you're at work, then you cannot base your results on anything. You dont know how many other people is using the line at the moment you are testing.

It's not 100 mb for each employee. it's a 100mb for all.. so if your co-worker is using 40, you will only get 60 on your test.

try at 3am, and you should get the best result
                  My site
                  www.coolservice.dk

Comment

Originally posted by dilbert View Post
                    It tests by simply downloading a file of fixed size and determining how long it takes. The internet is designed to that traffic is malleable and not specific. If you test while someone else is in the company is doing large download, it will affect that. Latency to servers across the country and their datapipes will affect it.

No one should consider these tests as hard science. They are fun little marketing tools to sell internet access to people.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

backbone eu access

http://ftp.snt.utwente.nl/pub/test/

enough bandwidth to cover your 100mbit, and 1gbyte files, for you to try and get a good average idea. curious how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                        backbone eu access

http://ftp.snt.utwente.nl/pub/test/

enough bandwidth to cover your 100mbit, and 1gbyte files, for you to try and get a good average idea. curious how it goes
                        690kb/s for me

Comment

Originally posted by dreamer81 View Post
                          if you're at work, then you cannot base your results on anything. You dont know how many other people is using the line at the moment you are testing.

It's not 100 mb for each employee. it's a 100mb for all.. so if your co-worker is using 40, you will only get 60 on your test.

try at 3am, and you should get the best result
                          This math can't work.
                          We run directly through the Harvard Medical School servers.
                          There are over 20,000 PC's all with internet connections just at my facility. There is another facility bigger than us that also uses their servers. I know they aren't all on the internet at the same time, but clearly the amount is not divided.
                          Individual staff qualify for 100 Mb lines, and since I work on our departments website, I was able to get one.

As Wayne said, it's just for fun.
                          Cliff
                          PathLabTalk
                          Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard King View Post
                            690kb/s for me
                            1.2 MB/s for me.

They gave us two devolo dLAN adaptors that use the power lines to transfer the data because they were too lazy to install two normal network cables but I am going to change that tomorrow. The house's power lines are too old for that kind of usage so I hope to gain a bit more speed with the new CAT.6 network cables in place.
                            That's the end of that!

Comment

That's fast enough for me.

That's the end of that!

Comment

I'm on a Be Pro package here in the UK, I can top the connection speed out no problem (2.2mb/per second)
                                Official connection package is "upto" 24mb download, "upto" 2.5mb upload
                                That speedtest on the front page said I could download at 5mbits, so it's clearly not accurate.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X