UK MPs and Expenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK MPs and Expenses

This might go well over the heads of non-UK based members here but this one absolutely staggers me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/8049096.stm

How the hell can you not know you're not paying out £800pm for 20 months but are receiving it instead!?!?
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Oh I'm sure it's very easy indeed.

I really can't see why they don't invest in something along the lines of several flats around London where MPs can choose to stay. They don't really need to live in luxury to do their job, if they want to live in luxury to do their job they could perhaps have a one time grant towards costs (similar to relocation funds if you work in the private sector).
    - TomJames

Comment

There was a piece on the BBC Scotland news this evening about some of the cost of individual items bought as part of furnishing a flat. MP spent and claimed for £3,133 when it could all be bought at IKEA for £472!

£20 on a corkscrew for heaven's sake!!
      Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
      -
      *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
      - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

The people that apparently "Govern" our country dont deserve it in my opinion, my entire family have very strong political views, even myself.

Since Gordon Brown was elected as the Prime Minister all ive seen at the moment, is a "Credit Crunch" which has been the worst ever for many years. Raised tax prices (How half the people in britain can still AFFORD to live here, ill never know.)

I recently read a small article about what Jeremy Clarkson, and one of the things that made me smile was the part where he said:

"How about we simply ignore the government, party, have fun and just enjoy ourselves" - We have definitely worked hard enough for it. Honourable man.

They were also talking about limiting the speed limits to 20! MPH. I was driving along the roads about 3 days ago, i slowed my car down to 20 just to see what it would be like when the new limit is enforced, would it not be much quicker just to walk everywhere?

And all this talk about the Government spending our tax money, what they dont actually seem to realise is that we work incredibly hard to get where we are, then the government just takes it all away from you?

One of the questions thats frequently asked around my area, is "What do the government spend it all on?" it certainly isnt the welfare of our people, so what does it go on? the government recieve billions of our pounds each year, its amazing.
        Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

There needs to be an election RIGHT NOW so we can elect the Green Party as our govt.
          It is shambolic and disgraceful.

Comment

Originally posted by cigarette View Post
            There needs to be an election RIGHT NOW so we can elect the Green Party as our govt.
            It is shambolic and disgraceful.
            Haha, the Green party? That really would put Britain in a mess.

Comment

Why is everyone so angry or surprised fiddling has been going on for years not only in government but also conglomerates, private companies, wealthy individuals the snouts get bigger & the troughs get deeper as quickly as events unfold & intensify they will just as quickly subside when the media find something jucier or more negative to focus on.

Lets get back to bartering what will you swop me for a pretty little marble ..
              ~Experience the experience no labels required~

Comment

Why is everyone so angry or surprised fiddling has been going on for years
                Not to be rude or anything but, do you have any idea of the amount of information and secrets the government try their best from being kept from public view? i bet the only way the public found out about these government ministers claiming tax payers money for their personal use is probably by a leaked source or media interruption.

Its amazing how much we are kept in the dark about matters that relate to our own country!
                Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

Another Conservative MP, Douglas Hogg, is to repay £2,200 in expenses after admitting the clearing of his moat was "not positively excluded" from a claim as he had said.
                  Are we talking the classic ring around the castle type moat here or something else?
                  [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X