Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razasharp
    replied
    The Nikon D40 is a superb camera, most of the pics in my profile were taken with it

Leave a comment:

• WildRover
    replied
    Have a Nikon D300 - brilliant camera with Nikon lenses. Highly recommended.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    I'm back again =p I've increased my budget a bit on my camera and it's now up to 350$ I've found a few new and used that I might be interested in and looking for a feedback.
    One I found was on newegg for 359$ which is the absolute top end of my budget http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16830113068 Nikon D40
    Another one I found was a Pentax IST DL http://bit.ly/a1u7D for 325$

Any opinions on these or know of something that might be a bit better and in the price range? (Lens needs to be included don't want to go hunting for a lens and paying even more right now)

Leave a comment:

• ComputerModding
    replied
    I would perosnly look at what lens's you are going to be purchasing then tot up the totaly for each brand then get the brand which has the cheapest lens pack that you require.

I am a canon man and always will be but if you can save $1,000 by going Sony then do it.

I got a 450D standard 18-55 IS lens, 70-200mm f-4.2 L USM and a Canon 100-400mm f-4.2 L USM IS and here is some of the sports photos I take - www.photoboxgallery.com/focusstacked

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Have checked a few but not in great detail until I get paid for some work I've done recently.

Thanks for the pointer though Steve - saved that one off...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Have you checked the used market? Places like Adorama.com sell used equipment.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    I'm looking around to try find a bigger zoom lens for my museum piece at the moment but they're all coming in a little pricier than I can afford right now.

Ideally looking for up to 500mm lens - have a 70-210 just now but wanting more...

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    I'm really considering it, might have to try to scrape a little more money together and get it.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    Slightly higher price than what you are looking for, but this is a excellent camera for the money: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...ic_dmcfz28.asp

I use it as the backup to my Nikon D300.
    This looks like good camera for $280.00-$300.00. Could probably find it cheaper if you check local sales.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by ChicagoPhotoShop View Post
    to the OP, it should be mentioned that the LENS is way more important then the body when purchasing a camera. just something to keep in mind.
    The Panasonic I recommended uses Leica lenses, which was an important consideration for me.

Leave a comment:

• ChicagoPhotoShop
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    It was a lot more expensive with film.

I used to do Wedding Photography in the 80s with a medium format camera and every time I clicked the shutter it cost me about $1 - and that was in 80s dollars!
    thats hardcore. on any given trip out I'll sometimes take 50 shots and use 1. we've come a long way baby.

to the OP, it should be mentioned that the LENS is way more important then the body when purchasing a camera. just something to keep in mind.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by ChicagoPhotoShop View Post
    as for the camera, Steve makes an excellent recommendation. sadly $250 is not much in the expensive hobby that is photography.
    It was a lot more expensive with film.

I used to do Wedding Photography in the 80s with a medium format camera and every time I clicked the shutter it cost me about $1 - and that was in 80s dollars!

Leave a comment:

• ChicagoPhotoShop
    replied
    Originally posted by Tigurius View Post
    there is a nice photography forum run with vB, it's photography-on-the-net i believe. They tend to have a lot of really good used dslrs in the buy sell trade sections.
    thats a canon forum, but very large and active. you can always try this one I'm a little bias though

as for the camera, Steve makes an excellent recommendation. sadly $250 is not much in the expensive hobby that is photography.

Leave a comment:

• Tigurius
    replied
    there is a nice photography forum run with vB, it's photography-on-the-net i believe. They tend to have a lot of really good used dslrs in the buy sell trade sections.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post
    So my old Nikon SLR has finally broken beyond repair (well me wanting to spend anymore money on it kind of repair) and it's finally time to move digital. (Yes I've been using ACTUAL FILM in my camera).
    Would love a new DSLR but my trusty Canon AE1 is still going strong...

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X