Will google find links....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will google find links....

that are posted on a forum that is only viewable by admins?

No.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

If a guest can view it, google can.
      If you have a mod that lets google index the site even if a guest can: than yes.
      if you use a mod like a sitemap that indexes everything and isn't coded properly and doesn't respect the usergroup permissions: than yes.
      by default vbulletin can not.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        No.
        what happen Floris? did you get booted as a mod for not falling in line and providing the "correct" answer?

jk

Originally posted by Floris View Post
        If a guest can view it, google can.
        If you have a mod that lets google index the site even if a guest can: than yes.
        if you use a mod like a sitemap that indexes everything and isn't coded properly and doesn't respect the usergroup permissions: than yes.
        by default vbulletin can not.
        ok, so I can make that forum viewable for admins and guests only and I should be good?

Comment

If you make a forum available for admins AND GUESTS, then google can index it.

admin forum: deny all, go back, admin group > edit > everything yes, save ...

default vb install, no addons .. google can't index it, because guests can't view the private admin forum.

Comment

No, I did not get booted for giving the incorrect answer to something

Ppl come, ppl go, way of life.

Comment

thanks Floris!

(I was just playin )

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X