Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC1) released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm on it now :lol:

Not sure what I think about it yet tbh, just looks like a new-ish 'skin' on Vista at the mo :-/ I do like the changing desktop background - handy as I often forget to change mine!

Will have a bit of a play!
    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

This is what Vista should have been. With the docking for the taskbar to less overhead. I'm extremely pleased with it.
      I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
        Well I'm on it now :lol:

Not sure what I think about it yet tbh, just looks like a new-ish 'skin' on Vista at the mo :-/ I do like the changing desktop background - handy as I often forget to change mine!

Will have a bit of a play!
        That's the intention. Windows 7 is to Windows Vista what Windows 98 was to Windows 95. Essentially the same product, but more polished and with many minor bugs, tweaks and annoyances fixed.

Windows 7 is not designed to look or operate radically different from Vista, in order to maintain a low learning curve. Vista was a milestone and introduced a new kernel, new security model and new ways of doing things. Now, Windows 7 refines all those things.
        Forums

Comment

Downloading the RC now but my dvd burner blew up a few days ago. Do you guys think using Demontools would work to install it? I installed vista once using it but im not sure about windows 7..

Comment

If I'm not totally wrong you can also put it on a USB flash drive.
            That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by dkon26 View Post
              Downloading the RC now but my dvd burner blew up a few days ago. Do you guys think using Demontools would work to install it? I installed vista once using it but im not sure about windows 7..
              You should be able unpack the ISO directly to a folder on your drive and install from there. You don't need a disc. If it doesn't work on your hard drive, put the files on a USB drive.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Got it installed and loving it! I just dont like how it says eval copy on the bottom of the screen but otherwise its pretty nice.

Comment

Got it installed and loving it! I just dont like how it says eval copy on the bottom of the screen but otherwise its pretty nice.
                  How often do you really have an unobstructed view of the desktop? Though with Aero Peak, you do see it a lot more these days.

I haven't installed it yet. Since I am running the beta as my primary and need to do a fresh install on my partition, I need to set aside a couple hours to get it back up and running again. Going to install it this weekend though.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Make your taskbar bigger...

Comment

Right-click it and choose properties. On the Properties page click "Use Small Icons".

Want it to work like Vista's than select "Combine when taskbar is full" under Taskbar buttons.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I'm finally downloading the RC right now, gonna probably install it over the current Beta on my second HDD. I don't keep anything important on the second HDD that isn't also on the first, so no need to backup data.

I was highly impressed with the Beta, so I expect the RC to be that much better.
                        Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

I did a clean install of it (had been upgrading to every interim leaked build up to and including 7077) and my computer boots 50 seconds faster on average than it did on Vista. Down from 120 to 75 seconds. Same hardware, of course.

Comment

Took a short time to install to a new partition here. Small problem getting connected to my wireless network but got that sorted after 10 minutes or so.

Have to say, it's not bad at all. Don't know whether it's IE8 or a combination of IE8/W7 but browsing is blisteringly fast by comparison to my XP Pro/IE7 combination on the same machine...

Will install some applications over the coming days and see how the whole thing runs with them in there too...
                            Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                            -
                            *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                            - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
                            - "Quick Route" Interface...
                            - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

I just dont like how it says eval copy on the bottom of the screen
                              I guess it knew I didnt like it. It went away on its own. I have to give microsoft credit this time. I dont think i'll revert back to xp or vista now! As for the computer being faster, I can definitly see an improvement.

Comment

Does it have an 'appearance' settings bit that Vista has? Where you can change the size/fonts of title bars, scroll bars etc - they're too fat for me!
                                What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X