Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC1) released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Chat Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC1) released

Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC1) is available to all.

It's available through July 2009

You don't need to rush to get the RC. The RC will be available at least through July 2009 and we're not limiting the number of product keys, so you have plenty of time.

Watch the calendar. The RC will expire on June 1, 2010. Starting on March 1, 2010, your PC will begin shutting down every two hours. Windows will notify you two weeks before the bi-hourly shutdowns start. To avoid interruption, you’ll need to install a non-expired version of Windows before March 1, 2010. You’ll also need to install the programs and data that you want to use.
    Source:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win.../download.aspx

I downloaded it.
    I've been running the beta as my main system for a while now, and will install the RC as soon as I get around to it.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

It runs really smooth on my iMac under virtualization. Looks like Vista (yes, I said Vista) is about to be ready for a beta! .. It still feels like a beta, compared to the 64bit hardware/software of the mac osx that I am running for the last few years and simply enjoy more (sorry, my preference/experience). But .. I really do hope my family members who I can't forcefully convert to (Snow) Leopard will at least upgrade to Windows7 on NEW systems.

Comment

Just finished downloading and looking forward to upgrading my main machine from the beta. Looking at the refinements done over the beta process its going to be a great release. In my opinion the Mac OS doesn't come close in usability. Others can disagree but that is my opinion.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Don't forget to try the XP Mode/ VHD thing I installed this RC last week, and have had nothing but pure enjoyment in using my PC, sure "I'm a PC"
          Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
          VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
          vBulletin Hosting and Services
          Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
            It runs really smooth on my iMac under virtualization. Looks like Vista (yes, I said Vista) is about to be ready for a beta! .. It still feels like a beta, compared to the 64bit hardware/software of the mac osx that I am running for the last few years and simply enjoy more (sorry, my preference/experience). But .. I really do hope my family members who I can't forcefully convert to (Snow) Leopard will at least upgrade to Windows7 on NEW systems.
            STOP IT STOP IT STOP IIIIT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
            I have it downloaded btw, installing it on my laptop whenever I get around to it.
            A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

I haven't upen upgraded to XP yet (running Windows 2000 here)

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                Others can disagree but that is my opinion.
                Others will disagree.

I'll wait till the servers recover. At the moment it's a pain to download the RC.
                That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
                  I downloaded it.
                  I've been running the beta as my main system for a while now, and will install the RC as soon as I get around to it.
                  First impressions? Contemplating upgrading from Vista 64.
                  I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
                    Don't forget to try the XP Mode/ VHD thing
                    I haven't found a need to even run any application in XP compatibility mode on my computer. The only two applications I run in Compatibility mode are Messenger Live and Firefox. Messenger is in compatibility mode because I wanted it in the notifications area, not on the taskbar. Firefox is in compatibility mode because GoToMeeting doesn't recognize Windows 7 as a valid OS.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Biker View Post
                      First impressions? Contemplating upgrading from Vista 64.

I started the Beta awhile ago with it came out. Put it on my work laptop. Surprisingly, the beta runs real smooth. I'm excited to download the RC.
                      For those who were disappointed in vista.. You may like Win7. It's everything Vista was suppose to be.

Comment

Why I need to run a virtual XP installation on my Mac to download Win7? Firefox, Safari and even IE:mac fails on product key page...

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                          I haven't found a need to even run any application in XP compatibility mode on my computer. The only two applications I run in Compatibility mode are Messenger Live and Firefox. Messenger is in compatibility mode because I wanted it in the notifications area, not on the taskbar. Firefox is in compatibility mode because GoToMeeting doesn't recognize Windows 7 as a valid OS.
                          Same, but if you had an in-house proprietary application, well

I too have set messenger to compatibility, I don't like it in the taskbar at all.
                          Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                          VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                          vBulletin Hosting and Services
                          Server / Website Consultation

Comment

All Windows 7 Builds from Mid April on, Have been Rock Solid, including 7100
                            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

I hate to say that but I quite like Windows 7.
                              The only problem so far: The German public beta wasn't fully translated and my old version of VAG-Com (a car diagnostics software I need) refused to work.

I'll give the RC1 a try (once the download works ) and I hope to update our desktop computer soon.
                              That's the end of that!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X