Film recommendations wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    On the otherhand, revenue shouldn't be the only requirement for recommending a film.
    I was just pointing out a fact, who said I am recommending Twilight on that basis? The basis is that I loved it.

Comment

I'm getting lots of great ideas. Keep them coming.

I'm gonna print them all out (write them all down on a piece of paper) and take the list with me to the stores later in the week.

Just watched Calendar Girls, and got Breakfast at Tiffanys on at the moment. Mrs Doubtfire and Angelas Ashes are on the top of the Desk for watching today too.

Yesterdays watching was Garfield, National Treasure 2, The Devil wears Prada, The Stepford Wives and Kingdom of Heaven.

The Mummy ( all 3 movies staring Brendan Fraser, their fun to watch)
      already got and watched to death
      Pursuit of Happiness
      got and love that one
      Diehard
      got and watch all of them very regularly
      Startrak
      do you mean star trek? I really need to update my collection to have them on dvd instead of vhs if you do.
      Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Originally posted by simsim View Post
        I would add "The Silence of the Lambs" to this list. Anthony Hopkins was legendary in that movie. One of my all-time best movies.
        Oh ya, Anthony Hopkins rules.

Comment

Memoirs of a Geisha..
          ~Experience the experience no labels required~

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post
            do you mean star trek? I really need to update my collection to have them on dvd instead of vhs if you do.

I would skip the DVD and wait until you have blu-ray, surely with the new movie coming out they're remastering everything to nice 720p resolution. On that HDTV you got there, it will look 4x better than the VHS, which I would keep for nostalgia.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post
              Yeah I love faulty towers - watching it again at the moment!

I do have the skyplayer thing where I can download and watch stuff from my satellite provider, but it doesn't work on a mac and its a pita to use since they changed it and the minimum system requirements now vastly exceed the setup of my extremely old windows machine. I use some of the tv channels online on demand services too for things that I like to watch on tv (NCIS, CSI, Numbers, etc).
              I was going to recommend you getting paytv so that you can watch shows like The Goodies and Sex and the City on the comedy channel and fox8....

Have it put through your tv instead of your pc. Saves memory.
              Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
              Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

What is PayTV? Is this a service or just a reference to services like HBO, Starz or Cinemax?

We have DirecTV here. 250 channels plus On Demand.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

What is PayTV? Is this a service or just a reference to services like HBO, Starz or Cinemax?

We have DirecTV here. 250 channels plus On Demand.
                  Here in the UK if you have a TV it is manadatory that you have a TV licence which is payable to the BBC the yearly fee currently stands at £142.50.

Then if you want to subscribe to Sky my husband pays around £43 per month which includes the sport channels that are slowly diminishing so he then decided to get Setanta which is a further £13.50 per month all in all a pretty expensive bundle.
                  ~Experience the experience no labels required~

Comment

If you like Star Trek and such, you need to see Galaxy Quest.
                    CLAMtalk.org
                    Free resources for children's ministry

Comment

Originally posted by VictoriaH View Post
                      Here in the UK if you have a TV it is manadatory that you have a TV licence which is payable to the BBC the yearly fee currently stands at £142.50.
                      Yeah, BBC conned the people into a pretty sweet deal all those years ago. We pay a monthly franchise fee. my local city charges $5.00 per cable or satellite customer. But it goes to the city, not the broadcasters.

Then if you want to subscribe to Sky my husband pays around £43 per month which includes the sport channels that are slowly diminishing so he then decided to get Setanta which is a further £13.50 per month all in all a pretty expensive bundle.
                      DirecTV and Sky have the same parent company. I think DirecTV has more competition in the U.S. though with direct competition with DishTV (another satellite provider) and multiple cable companies across the nation. Here they compete on number of channels, not necessarily service. DirecTV has the most channels and the most customers, even though competitors have lower prices. Prices aren't dissimilar though. Basic package here is $39.99 a month, I think. We have their top package though which is about $120 a month plus $10.99 for each additional television.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by dkon26 View Post
                        Yep. That movie was awesome! I just saw The Descent last night. It was freaky but awesome. Its from 2005 so im sure by now im the last one to have watched it. lol The new indiana jones movie was good, though, I still liked the older ones the best.

When/if the haunting in connecticut movie comes out for you, check it out. It was awesome! Oh and lets not forget the silent hill movie.
                        The descent : very good film ! Purely terrifying...

Suggestion: X-Files (serie)

Comment

DirecTV and Sky have the same parent company.

Not any more ... Newscorp sold the majority stake they had in DirecTV to another company.
                          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X