:( Royal Family Assassination Attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way Off-Topic :( Royal Family Assassination Attempt

We celebrate Queensday in the Netherlands every year.
    Today some guy decided to drive through a crowd,
    kill 5 ppl and injure a lot more.
    Including pregnant woman and some kids.
    People were flying around, smashed to the floor.
    Before he "missed" the bus with the royal family.
    This seriously gave me a shock, the images and video is horrible.
    A huge blow to our country, especially since it's just some douchebag guy who lost his job and couldn't pay his rent and decided to take it out on others.
    I don't want to link to images or video, because my intention of this is not to create sensation. You can google for it if you want to. My intention is just my way of expressing that this was a wonderful day that turned into a huge drama for our country.

sigh.

What was his gripe? That tax-payers fund their lavish lifestyles while many 'normal' people around them live in poverty?

I'm not a fan of royalty (in fact I think they should be abolished - least those that sponge of the state) but trying to kill them is going a step too far!
    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

Thats pretty sick. I can see being pissed about losing your job but killing innocent people? We have had a lot of people going on killing sprees here in the US because of financial issues. Most ended up killing themselves after they took out innocent people. I have no compassion for those people who feel the need to kill kids and others just because their life sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
        What was his gripe? That tax-payers fund their lavish lifestyles while many 'normal' people around them live in poverty?

I'm not a fan of royalty (in fact I think they should be abolished - least those that sponge of the state) but trying to kill them is going a step too far!
        I think the queens in Netherlands and British are Symbols rather than Governments, it's sick though to solve problems by violence.
        Syrian Medical Society - mi la do - My Hacks - vCharset converter - Projects Queue

I want to breathe the freedom, and to strew the mounts of nostalgia in your eyes.

Comment

Had heard about this briefly but hadn't been able to follow up on the story yet. Shame that this happened. Hope you and your country recover quickly.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Oh that's just terrible. Let's hope that he was arrested.
            http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...005961,00.html

Found something on one of the local news sites here.

Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
            Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

I was watching this on the BBC earlier, seemed so hard to believe this kind of thing would happen in the Netherlands. It's amazing the despicable acts some people will sink too
              - TomJames

Comment

I have to say, that trying to kill the royal family with a car is not exactly the best way of doing it. Were they not in an armoured vehicle? These things are bulletproof and built to withstand HUGE explosions.
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

It was a very dumb attempt. Which is why it is double so sad a pregnant woman, etc (innocent bystanders) were killed. It wouldn't have made a different.

Comment

I guess we'll never find out why he did it because he died from his injuries.
                    That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                      I have to say, that trying to kill the royal family with a car is not exactly the best way of doing it. Were they not in an armoured vehicle? These things are bulletproof and built to withstand HUGE explosions.
                      They were in an open top bus I think. Not that a car would do that much to a bus but I guess it could have at least hurt a few of them.
                      - TomJames

Comment

What is the point in having a "Royal" family? i really dont understand it, nobody else gets treated like that, believe me i could go on, i have very strong political views and feelings.
                        Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

Originally posted by hitmancode47 View Post
                          What is the point in having a "Royal" family? i really dont understand it, nobody else gets treated like that, believe me i could go on, i have very strong political views and feelings.
                          There is a very big history with the Royal family in Holland. It has got a lot to do with that history. I strongly suggest that you google up Royal family of Holland and look up their history.
                          It includes that they are the mother country to South Africa.
                          Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                          Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

Royalties in Europe are all a form of constitutional monarchy, where the head of state, a King or Queen, is bound by the constitution and cannot whatsoever overrule it. People who expressed strong opinions against the Royal Families in Europe have to come to the Middle East. There, Royal families own the people, the land, the wealth and almost everything in between.
                            You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

Floris, it is a very shocking thing to see an act like this carried out in one's city or country. I'm very sorry that this happened. Like Wayne, I hope that you and your country will be able quickly to put the memory of this tragedy behind you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X