X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floris
    replied
    http://ftp.snt.utwente.nl/pub/test/

They have backbone access, so routing doesn't REALLY matter that much.
    Just throw open the 1GB file and let it run, that will give a good average seed impression.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    I would say there is something wrong with Ca Security, if not the firewall itself a misconfiguration..

Disabling or uninstalling it temporarily, then retrying up and downstream speed tests should prove that..

Leave a comment:

• Ryan McBain
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
    If you're not noticing it going a lot slower, it's probably not going much slower if at all..
    To know more we would need to know the exact error received..
    It's hard to tell because I just got roadrunner internet.

I just tried it again and it shows me downloading slower, when it tried to see I fast I upload it gave me an error saying that there was trouble uploading the file.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    If you're not noticing it going a lot slower, it's probably not going much slower if at all..
    To know more we would need to know the exact error received..

I cross posted with Wayne Luke - Downloading the ISO from a Linux distro is actually the best idea...

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Just go to any website and download a large file. See what your download speed is. Good sites to try would be Linux Distribution sites with ISO files available for download.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan McBain
    started a topic Speedtest no longer working...

Speedtest no longer working...

Ok, so I switched to time warner cable internet. Everything was going fine. I went on speedtest.net and my connection was fast. When I signed up with time warner I was able to download free virus software and firewall. The program is called Ca Security Center. Ever since then I get an error when I use speedtest.net. How do I fix this? I have even tried to unistall and turn off my Ca security Center, but I still have issues.

My main worry is that my computer isnt going as fast as it should. But I want to be able to check my speed, but I cant.