Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd question

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Odd question

    Sorry, but I have no one to ask. I am a member of a forum (not sure which version) and my political views are opposite of the rest of the community. I find that my posts are altered from what I write, not as a quote, but as if I wrote them. Is it an exploit that any user can do, or only an admin? Again I am sorry, but I have no one else to ask.

  • #2
    The forum administrator can grant post-editing permissions to whichever groups he wants. It depends on his/her individual preferences and settings.
    Regards,
    Nick

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Question Mark View Post
      Sorry, but I have no one to ask. I am a member of a forum (not sure which version) and my political views are opposite of the rest of the community. I find that my posts are altered from what I write, not as a quote, but as if I wrote them. Is it an exploit that any user can do, or only an admin? Again I am sorry, but I have no one else to ask.
      You should really have your own forum mate. On there you will have people who have different views from you. Get used to it
      Aussiefootyforums

      New Site New forum
      Come and talk sports all day long


      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Nick View Post
        The forum administrator can grant post-editing permissions to whichever groups he wants. It depends on his/her individual preferences and settings.
        What he said ^^

        Also, why bother posting there if your posts are being edited. Complain to admin first in case one of the mods is doing it. Take screenshots to prove what the original version had.
        What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Question Mark View Post
          Sorry, but I have no one to ask. I am a member of a forum (not sure which version) and my political views are opposite of the rest of the community.

          You have the right to have which ever views you want to have..
          Just express them in a very civil manner, and don't let others views affect how you feel towards your own..

          I don't see a problem with it, and neither should the forums owners, moderators, or users...
          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
          Microsoft Beta Team

          Comment


          • #6
            If you have got a problem with deliberately typing up the opposite views to issues then maybe you should take it easy and learn to live a little. To be honest if you are always complaining and acting like a whinging brat on a forum then really you shouldn't be there. The admins can easily put you on global ignore if you keep on doing this.
            It's ok to express your opinion on different matters but when you have somebody who has a different view to you and you get upset then it makes it hard for the admins who have to edit your posts and infract you for making horrible comments about people on there.
            There is always a key to posting something that is well thought up and comes across really well with everyone.
            That is thinking before you post.
            I am sure you are causing the problems that you are having. The admins and others can't control what you are doing only you can.
            Aussiefootyforums

            New Site New forum
            Come and talk sports all day long


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
              If you have got a problem with deliberately typing up the opposite views to issues then maybe you should take it easy and learn to live a little. To be honest if you are always complaining and acting like a whinging brat on a forum then really you shouldn't be there. The admins can easily put you on global ignore if you keep on doing this.
              It's ok to express your opinion on different matters but when you have somebody who has a different view to you and you get upset then it makes it hard for the admins who have to edit your posts and infract you for making horrible comments about people on there.
              There is always a key to posting something that is well thought up and comes across really well with everyone.
              That is thinking before you post.
              I am sure you are causing the problems that you are having. The admins and others can't control what you are doing only you can.
              Re-read the post.

              Sorry, but I have no one to ask. I am a member of a forum (not sure which version) and my political views are opposite of the rest of the community. I find that my posts are altered from what I write, not as a quote, but as if I wrote them. Is it an exploit that any user can do, or only an admin? Again I am sorry, but I have no one else to ask.
              Emphasis mine.

              He voices his views in posts, and they get altered by those who oppose his views by that forums staff. He's not at fault, they are.

              @Question Mark: All I can say is, find a different forum which is accepting of separate political views, it's obvious that forum isn't worth being at if you get ridiculed for having your own point of view.
              Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
                If you have got a problem with deliberately typing up the opposite views to issues then maybe you should take it easy and learn to live a little. To be honest if you are always complaining and acting like a whinging brat on a forum then really you shouldn't be there. The admins can easily put you on global ignore if you keep on doing this.
                It's ok to express your opinion on different matters but when you have somebody who has a different view to you and you get upset then it makes it hard for the admins who have to edit your posts and infract you for making horrible comments about people on there.
                There is always a key to posting something that is well thought up and comes across really well with everyone.
                That is thinking before you post.
                I am sure you are causing the problems that you are having. The admins and others can't control what you are doing only you can.
                You are being completely flippant here. IMO it doesn't matter how he's expressing his opinions. (Although, based on his tone in this thread, I doubt he's being disrespectful.) There is absolutely no reason that anyone should edit someone else's posts to try to portray something as the OP's voice when it isn't. None.

                The admins don't "have to edit" the posts. That is what post deletions are there for. And I find it completely ignorant of you to just assume that he's "deliberately typing up the opposite views to issues" -- where do you get off assuming that? He was completely courteous in his post, so why do you just assume that he's being a "whinging brat"?
                Twitter

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
                  I am sure you are causing the problems that you are having. The admins and others can't control what you are doing only you can.
                  Forum admins are impeccable? Looks like it's the mentality you're running your own forum with!
                  You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Gray Matter View Post
                    You are being completely flippant here.
                    That's no different from the norm with this guy. I can't seem to avoid his ignorant posts.

                    Schwab, you really make no sense in any of your posts throughout the forum. I am continually puzzled by your ideas and the things you say.
                    Regards,
                    Nick

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Gray Matter View Post
                      You are being completely flippant here. IMO it doesn't matter how he's expressing his opinions. (Although, based on his tone in this thread, I doubt he's being disrespectful.) There is absolutely no reason that anyone should edit someone else's posts to try to portray something as the OP's voice when it isn't. None.

                      The admins don't "have to edit" the posts. That is what post deletions are there for. And I find it completely ignorant of you to just assume that he's "deliberately typing up the opposite views to issues" -- where do you get off assuming that? He was completely courteous in his post, so why do you just assume that he's being a "whinging brat"?

                      What GM said...
                      Vote for:

                      - *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                      -
                      *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                      - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
                      - "Quick Route" Interface...
                      - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Way off topic now. Thread closed.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                        Steve Machol Photography


                        Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                        Comment

                        Loading...
                        Working...
                        X