No announcement yet.

Which Antivirus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem for me, is that doesn't include an eMail scanner to check OutLook Express, unless you get the full paid version. Where as it's free with AVG and Avast. So that rules it out straight away for me. I use Outlook Express as well as Hotmail, so I need that free feature.

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
      Sounds good then. what do you make of that MS Virus scanner. We can't use it in the UK yet. I was going to try to see how light it was on the system. But I'll just have to wait for the time being.
      540,000 scanned files on my P4 3.01 only took 1:20min to 1:40min and that depend if I am running another application that takes some resources to a one that take more... Not always using computer during time of scanning. Look for MsMpEng.exe, as it swallows upto 50% and 77,000k (Only while scanning certain areas eg: Recycler).
      Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Wed 23 Sep '09, 8:08pm. Reason: will to while

Comment

For me the best is Kaspersky!
        hostgator coupon wordpress hosting

Comment

Kaspersky Anti Virus

Hai guys i think KasperSky is the best anti virus which is having the possibility of automatic updation.
          If u r anti virus is expireed means it acn be automatically updated.

Comment

Kaspersky internet security 2010

Comment

I have used Eset for years and sell it.

I am not sure if i am allowed to but i would like to offer 10% to all vbulletin members.

I will not post site address yet only if admin say it is ok.

Jono

Comment

The latest Norton is not bad. Its much faster than the old versions. Loads quick and stuff.
                www.christianforumsite.com
                sigpic

Comment

Microsoft Security Essentials

Free, light, and gets the job done! Not to mention definitions are shared with Microsoft Forefront.

Comment

Kaspersky for me and will probably never switch to another application

Comment

One thing thats got me puzzled is, how come Kaspersky, Norton etc you can buy of 3rd party websites like Amazon and yet you cannot buy ESET off 3rd party websites?

I have looked all over for ESET Smart Security and only found it on there main website.

Comment

You'd have to ask ESET about that. Working with retailers is probably not in their business plan.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                          You'd have to ask ESET about that. Working with retailers is probably not in their business plan.
                          Hi

I am a reseller of ESET i can offer your members a discount of 10% off there web prices.

If anyone works with Charity (have a Charity Number) or church (Can prove it is for a church there can have 50% off.

This is done with me not direct with ESET

Jono

Comment

Originally posted by amitts View Post
                            I've heard some say (Leo Laporte) that unless you know what you're doing, registry cleaners can sometimes do more harm than good.
                            They always do more harm, they don't see the full problem, and may correct it, doing damage.. Which some Anti-virus app/s can also do. A manual removal of a virus is best!!

However after 6-12 months, you certainly could need a complete reinstall of the OS.. You will notice this starting when it continuously needs to repair..
                            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X