X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Originally posted by harmor View Post
    I'm going to get another one but thanks for trying to help.
    I also read people were losing data from these Cruzer Micros and I wouldn't want to go through all this trouble getting to work only to lose the data in the future.
    No need to get another one.
    Give it another go.

Leave a comment:

• harmor
    replied
    I'm going to get another one but thanks for trying to help.
    I also read people were losing data from these Cruzer Micros and I wouldn't want to go through all this trouble getting to work only to lose the data in the future.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Well my 256mb drive and USB bluetooth both work in the port I tried the Cruzer drive.
    I also tried every other port on my computer but no luck.
    Try putting your memory stick in as soon as you turn on the computer.

Also try right clicking my computer and click on manage and try another letter. That usually works.

Leave a comment:

• SNN
    replied
    Have you tried using the device on another system?
    Is this the only system that it occurs on?
    Do you have a available drive letter? (eg: C:)

It's possible that your OS (Windows XP SP3) may not be compatible with it, just because it doesn't "feel" like it. I've been using the 2GB Sandisk U3 Cruzer on a Windows XP SP3 computer at school, with no issues (besides the occasional, 'The system has allocated F: to a different partition,' which then I remove the network drive from my computer XD)

Leave a comment:

• harmor
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Might be a silly question but....

Is the USB port active?
    Well my 256mb drive and USB bluetooth both work in the port I tried the Cruzer drive.
    I also tried every other port on my computer but no luck.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Might be a silly question but....

Is the USB port active?

Leave a comment:

• harmor
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post
    Well, if it's your uncle's drive then you'd better get his permission to reformat! But you can reformat on your computer. You said that your computer does recognize the drive, so it can be done like this:

Start > My Computer > Removable Disk F (or whatever letter is assigned--make sure you have the right one!) > right click > Format...
    The drive doesn't even show up.
    It's my drive and there's nothing on it due to not being able to install it.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Finley
    replied
    Well, if it's your uncle's drive then you'd better get his permission to reformat! But you can reformat on your computer. You said that your computer does recognize the drive, so it can be done like this:

Start > My Computer > Removable Disk F (or whatever letter is assigned--make sure you have the right one!) > right click > Format...

Leave a comment:

• harmor
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post
    I have the same drive and it had the same problem when trying to transfer files between my XP computer and my Vista computer. I solved the issue by reformatting the Cruzer to get rid of any installed software--now it works fine.
    I should take the the f;ash drive to my uncle's computer and reformat the drive?
    If so I will try it.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Finley
    replied
    I have the same drive and it had the same problem when trying to transfer files between my XP computer and my Vista computer. I solved the issue by reformatting the Cruzer to get rid of any installed software--now it works fine.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Could the Cruzer be defective?

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied

I'm going to take it back, get one that doesn't have U3 technology and see if it works.

I know this may sound like a weeks wait, but you get surprised sometimes, if you email their support..
    It can't hurt to try.!! Even just check the Combati**

http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1668

Leave a comment:

• harmor
    replied
    Originally posted by hawksgirl View Post
    What about the small cd that came with it? I have got the same usb drive as what you have mate and yes you have to install the disk that has the drivers on it.

Try loading it up on your computer and then having a look at the menu on there.
    Also how much stuff have you got on there currently? Sometimes if you have gone over the limit of the memory stick you can get error messages like that one.
    A CD didn't come with it.

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
    They have drivers for it on the Sandisk site, U3 is the Technology, not the model..

Or upgrade to SP3
    I tried installing this driver but upon running the setup.exe it tells me that it's only for Windows 98.

I am using SP3, I mentioned I did in the first post.

I'm going to take it back, get one that doesn't have U3 technology and see if it works.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    They have drivers for it on the Sandisk site, U3 is the Technology, not the model..

Or upgrade to SP3

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    They don't have any drivers for this particular USB drive.
    What about the small cd that came with it? I have got the same usb drive as what you have mate and yes you have to install the disk that has the drivers on it.

Try loading it up on your computer and then having a look at the menu on there.
    Also how much stuff have you got on there currently? Sometimes if you have gone over the limit of the memory stick you can get error messages like that one.

Leave a comment: