X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I think this has veered significantly off-track. Thread closed.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Dilly go away

Leave a comment:

• Dilly
    replied
    It was a joke - relax. I haven't even sent you any PMs.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    When people on my ignore list continue to make fun of me. Snap out of it.

Leave a comment:

• Dilly
    replied
    When people complain about rude PMs I send them.

No, actually I'm joking. I hate flies. And Mosquitoes.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    When my hands are cold making it hard to type on the computer.
    Also when Apple decides to automatically update it's Itunes software. It's annoying.

Rude PM's from certain people on here also annoy me.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by mlucek View Post
    I thought the phone soliciting was supposed to stop with the advent of the DO NOT CALL list law here in the States. Guess it doesn't apply equally to everyone.
    It does not. It does not apply to charitable organizations, political action groups, government organizations/departments or airlines. Do not ask my why there is an exception for airlines. Obviously they thought it was important enough to pay lobbyists to get them an exception. Also the Do Not Call list does not apply to business lines. So if your phone is listed as a business line or your cellphone is owned by the company you work for than you can be called at those numbers.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Ashbrook
    replied
    Originally posted by mlucek View Post
    I thought the phone soliciting was supposed to stop with the advent of the DO NOT CALL list law here in the States. Guess it doesn't apply equally to everyone.

I had a call last week from an Army recruiter His opening line was something like, "Hi, I'm calling cause someone from this number had requested info about the Army." Total BS. Said, "No, nobody did.", "Sooooo, are you interested in the Army ......", says this guy. Told him I was too old (> 42), then he asked if I knew of anyone else that might be interested. While I respect our military and what it does, it was really annoying to get a cold call like that.

I'd think that given the massive recession going on, that there'd be plenty of folks applying to the military ??
    I get these calls all the time, even after being denied from joining because I'm way too underweight and my history of Asthma.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    O2 being kacky about iPhone 3G S and current customers.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    When people in my neighbourhood keep on playing loud music without a care in the world.
    It is really annoying because they always play loud music and keep up my neighbours who are elderly.

Leave a comment:

• mlucek
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevster View Post
    Cold calling telesales people

I had a call last week from an Army recruiter His opening line was something like, "Hi, I'm calling cause someone from this number had requested info about the Army." Total BS. Said, "No, nobody did.", "Sooooo, are you interested in the Army ......", says this guy. Told him I was too old (> 42), then he asked if I knew of anyone else that might be interested. While I respect our military and what it does, it was really annoying to get a cold call like that.

I'd think that given the massive recession going on, that there'd be plenty of folks applying to the military ??

------------------------------------------------------

Other pet peeve: People who use your when they're supposed to use you're or you are. Simple rule - if it's supposed to be you are, then use you're, if not use your. GOT IT ?

I'm sure to get flamed on that one, .......
    Last edited by mlucek; Wed 10th Jun '09, 12:12pm.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    When my old ISP decides to cut off my home phone all because we didn't pay the full amount.

I am only just online now with my new ISP.
    I don't recommend anyone else to go with Bigpond here in Australia. They rip you off and are very rude to you.

I had my home phone linked with my broadband connection and they had refused to send me out bills.
    They would only send out suspension notices.

Thank goodness I am with Westnet now.

Leave a comment:

• setishock
    replied
    Trolls
    My dead forum

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Bloody Telstra..... That's who I am with the landline, mobile phone and internet.
    They cut off my mobile phone and didn't even write down any notes from the last time I had made an agreement.
    I basically rang them today and abused the living daylights out of them.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by MrNase View Post

I'm just in from a 5-day trip to the Netherlands (near Zierikzee) and I really enjoyed it there and surprisingly they know how to drive when they are in their own country. But as soon as they cross the border…
    It's the same with tourism here. They think everybody's constantly smoking out so that's what they do in overkill. I think we have the idea there are no limits on the German autobahn so they give it a spin. I remember that my friend got a new car and we took a look and couldn't get more than 175 kmph out of it, but then some German beamer passed us by like we're standing still. It's scary. I am glad we have limits

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X