This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold calling telesales people

Did get my own back once when someone called about a conservatory - agreed an appointment which wasnt kept by the company concerned due to the salesman realising, when he arrived, that I lived on the first floor in a block!

Needless to say I haven't had any more conservatory sales calls....
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
    - "Quick Route" Interface...
    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Originally posted by Trevster View Post
      Cold calling telesales people
      We have a phone just for these people. Primarily my wife and I use our cellphones as our primaries. However we also have a landline that goes straight to an answering machine which is what the sales and political callers reach. We never answer it. In fact, there isn't even a phone connected to the line, just an answering machine.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        We have a phone just for these people. Primarily my wife and I use our cellphones as our primaries. However we also have a landline that goes straight to an answering machine which is what the sales and political callers reach. We never answer it. In fact, there isn't even a phone connected to the line, just an answering machine.
        If I get an 'unknown' or 'blocked' incoming call on my mobile, it gets ignored unless they leave a voicemail...

Unfortunately, now I'm at my mums she doesn't have caller display or a 'physical' answering machine (it works like voicemail) so can't avoid...
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
        - "Quick Route" Interface...
        - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Originally posted by Trevster View Post
          If I get an 'unknown' or 'blocked' incoming call on my mobile, it gets ignored unless they leave a voicemail...

Unfortunately, now I'm at my mums she doesn't have caller display or a 'physical' answering machine (it works like voicemail) so can't avoid...
          You could easily buy her a new home phone that has all of those features on there.
          Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
          Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
            Guys, ISPs don't cause us to have those kind of issues..

It is likely routing, or server located elsewhere
            Mate this big one that I am with does and did the other day all because there were a larger than normal amount of people who had rung them up. It virtually blew out the system.
            Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

The freezing cold weather we are having. It literally feels like that it is -2 degrees outside. Brrrr
              I feel sorry for all the guys out there.
              Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

Spammers. Let them burn in hell

I don't understand who actually buy their s**t, I wouldn't do it if it would be best offer ever.

I never read it, and no I am never buying it.

Go and find yourself a real job.

Comment

My certain host who's taking their sweet time with my primary DNS pointing. *cough*.

And a certain roommate that turns off the damned AC whenever chance he gets. the place gets up to 80+ degrees because of that jerk.
                  Gio Takahashi
                  Owner of www.unitedempire.net
                  The Website and The Forums

Comment

Spammers on here are really annoying. I had to report them because they had posted their rubbish on one of the boards.

Sales people that come and try and get you do sign up for whatever it is they are selling you whilst you are in the middle of dinner.

This time it was somebody from their local Karate place. I already told them I don't want to join.
                    Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

Me farting all the time. Seriously I can't stop passing gas. My whole study smells like my farts.
                      Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

You're such a gas.

Spammers maybe annoying, but it's fun, sometimes, to give me an excuse to make a witty post(s) to announce my banning that spammer.
                        Gio Takahashi
                        Owner of www.unitedempire.net
                        The Website and The Forums

Comment

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
                          Me farting all the time. Seriously I can't stop passing gas. My whole study smells like my farts.
                          Eat more fiber and less milk.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                            Eat more fiber and less milk.
                            Fiber? Trying to make her blow her house up? lolz...

Comment

She probably has an imbalance if its continuous. Most likely this is related to fiber which helps regulate digestion and slows it down. By adjusting her diet to have more whole grains, fruits and vegetables (all sources of fiber) instead of processed grains and foods, the issue will subside.

Milk products, well anything with lactose, do the opposite. They increase the speed of digestion so increase the amount of byproducts created instead of being used properly by the body.

Its all about the proper diet and keeping things in balance. Something most modern diets do not accomplish.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Up to 10% of people in the UK, probably a little more in the US are likely to be lactose intolerant - flatulence is a good indicator that you are. In other countries that figure can be as high as 90%. (In the Nordic countries the figure is the lowest.)

Some hospitals (actually very few, only 2 in the UK, not sure about the US) can offer a DNA test to see whether you are or are not lactose intolerant.
                                What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X