Got a macbook!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Chat Got a macbook!

well, if you guys remember a few months back I was talking about buying myself either a macbook or an imac, well i cracked today and ordered myself one, here are the specs (Keep in mind, i'm a student, so i get the student discount - $100 off):

2.4Ghz intel core 2 duo processor
    4GB memory (DDR3 2x2GB)
    320GB hard drive
    apple remote
    Iwork '09
    printer ($100 rebate - FREE)
    total estimate: $1750

Good deal, yes?

First time Mac?
    Welcome That is a really nice laptop !

I always unbox!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrflori...7616078659947/ iMac from early April.

http://vbfans.com/macpro Mac Pro from November 2006

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6984/p20800087rz.jpg and http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1802/p20800124es.jpg - Powerbook 15" November 2005.

Comment

Yes sir, First timer.

How long does delivery usually take? i ordered it around 12:45 yesterday afternoon (friday), when can i expect to see my macbook at my doorstep? (estimate?)

Nice collection you got there man.

I don't think i'll ever go back to windows, even when this PC of mine dies, i'll probably get either an imac or a mac mini to replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeSmoke View Post
        I don't think i'll ever go back to windows, even when this PC of mine dies, i'll probably get either an imac or a mac mini to replace it.
        You need to try out Windows 7. I was running build 7000 for several months (upgraded to 7077 today) and its excellent. Everything just works and it works well.

Comment

If you have any questions regarding the mac just hit me up on twitter

Yes, I realized after getting the powerbook, that a few weeks later .. I have not touched my PC at all .. so I just made a complete switch. No more Windows for me

Comment

Originally posted by Cole2026 View Post
            You need to try out Windows 7. I was running build 7000 for several months (upgraded to 7077 today) and its excellent. Everything just works and it works well.
            I've used Windows 7 before, it's just a spruced up vista, no thanks.

Yeah Floris, i'm gonna slowly but surely make the full transition over.

It didn't come today, i'm hoping tomorrow or wendsday

Comment

I've used Windows 7 before, it's just a spruced up vista, no thanks.

Yeah Floris, i'm gonna slowly but surely make the full transition over.

It didn't come today, i'm hoping tomorrow or wendsday
              win 7 is a huge improvement over vista.

Comment

Seemed the same to me with a few bug fixes, it'll be plagued with viruses and spyware within a few months of it's release, therefore, i'll take the macbook over windows 7.

Comment

Seemed the same to me with a few bug fixes, it'll be plagued with viruses and spyware within a few months of it's release, therefore, i'll take the macbook over windows 7.
                  In the years that I've been running XP, I've had next to 0 spyware and viruses. Most of these things can be elimated by safe browsing and good computer pratices.

I also have three mac machines, an ipod, and several linux based computers as well

Comment

Awesome update: Just tracked where my mac is, i could possibly have both the macbook and printer today!

The macbook is on a fed ex truck in my area, Staten Island, NY, and the printer is in adevele, NJ.

So i'm making the assumption that I could very well have both my macbook and my printer today sometime.

Comment

It's only plagued by viruses and spy-ware if the user is an idiot who clicks 'yes please allow hilariouspic.jpg.exe administrator privileges'. The system is only as secure as the 8th OSI layer.

Anyway, hope you like your Mac. This thread makes me wished I photographed un-boxing mine, oh well .
                      - TomJames

Comment

Originally posted by TomJames View Post
                        ...as secure as the 8th OSI layer.
                        As far as I know my old network lessons from school, there isn't any 8th OSI layer.

But this is not the place in this thread to debate of this

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

The apple site regarding your shipment is slower, there's a tracking number there, you can use it to use UPS directly, and find exactly where it is

Comment

Originally posted by PitchouneN64ngc View Post
                            As far as I know my old network lessons from school, there isn't any 8th OSI layer.

But this is not the place in this thread to debate of this
                            The 8th layer is the user

(But yes, there's only 7 layers in the OSI model proper)
                            - TomJames

Comment

Congrats. I actually looked at Macbooks the other day but I would remove OSX and put Windows 7 as the primary operating system if I could. I really dislike OSX.
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X