Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Chat Alexa ranking

Hi,

Could somebody explain why we lost almost 500% in Alexa ranking?

Our traffic is still the same as it was 4-5 months ago, when we starting to lose good rank.

How this could happen?

People with the Alexa toolbar installed stopped visiting your site or uninstalled the toolbar.

Install the toolbar on your computer, refresh your forums a couple hundred times a day and your rank will back where it was in no time.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Alexa Ranking has been broken since 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        Install the toolbar on your computer, refresh your forums a couple hundred times a day and your rank will back where it was in no time.
        What? This really works?
        Originally posted by Floris View Post
        Alexa Ranking has been broken since 2001
        What do you mean? That it has been compromised or what?

If that is the case, then alexa is pretty much irrelevant. And I wondered why some less visited portals have better rating. Advertisers want still good rating though.

Comment

From what I've read, most people don't find Alexa ranking of much importance anymore. Everything gone Google mad instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthek View Post
            What? This really works?
            Always has. Alexa rankings have always been very arbitrary and have never reflected worth or real traffic value. This is one reason why it hasn't been built into browsers with the 5 generation. Go to their webpage and looking at the "Hottest Pages Right Now" listing.

Anyway, Amazon is putting more resources into A9 these days than they do with Alexa.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

No, I am not talking about it being compromised, obviously. See what Wayne just posted, those are basically my arguments.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X