This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does the big name companies use?

This is a discussion that has been going on for a long time now, and i wanna see everyone's input. I think they both have alot, but who has the most? vB or IPB? Because we all know..that vB and IPB are each other's biggest rival. Correct?
    Pixel Playground
    vB Skins.. Supplying Skins for the little guys....lol

Your gonna piss everyone off with this one! haha..

I have seen their list and its pretty impressive.

Comment

That won't tell you much. Many of out biggest customers (corporations, government agencies) purchased the branding free license and purposely do not list their sites on our Links page. Therefore they do not want their ownership known.

However it's clear that Vicros has his own agenda, and it does not involve an unbiased search for information.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes sir...thats my goal. I like to push the limits of our society. Without people like me, we would not be as smart as we are today, now that does nothing to say we are smart for voting obama in office, i bet your all feeling that swift boot in the *** arent u? lol..<--Republican from Arkansas. Now i know were not supposed to discuss politics or religion but we are basically having a debate of two leading factions am i right?
        Pixel Playground

Comment

Now as you all can see. I have been a member of vB for a long time and i only have 7 posts, because why? I think its time i start getting involved in the community, now which most of you will not like. No steve i do have an agenda, but its totally unbiased, i am however trying to prove a point, that it is not wrong to use both, i am looking at this like favorite football teams. vB=Packers, and IPB=Cowboys. This is gonna get good lol
          Pixel Playground

Comment

As I said this question serves no purpose and will not tell you anything important because of the reasons I cited.

It's funny that I never see any vB trolling done on the IPB forums. Wonder why that is?
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicros View Post
              <--Republican from Arkansas.
              That explains everything!

Comment

Steve lol, i am not trolling man. You cannot tell me that this conversation right here does not come up in conversation of the average forum user on a daily basis, i am just making it public. I knew i was gonna get this, but its worth it to know. Now its no secret vB has in fact been around longer, and has had way more dev time. I just wanna know, why does everyone seem to act like because we all use vB were better than those that IPB or, PHPBB, or even SWF? The biggest companies in the world use all of them, and yet we have a war going on right here? If you can answer me that..then please close this thread. And i wont speak of this anymore? If you all must know, and i am not ashamed to admit it, i used vB first. I bought my vB license first, and my IPB second, but i am not biased
                Pixel Playground

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                  As I said this question serves no purpose and will not tell you anything important because of the reasons I cited.

It's funny that I never see any vB trolling done on the IPB forums. Wonder why that is?
                  Steve now i know a certain someone, that was once a vB user, and he got banned from these forums, for basically doing what i am doing, well maybe he was doing worse, but still, i think i know why the so called vB trolling is not done on IPB forums, because not everyone voices it publicly that they in fact use both, like i do, and i go on both forums talking about it.
                  Pixel Playground

Comment

Originally posted by Vicros View Post
                    IPB=Cowboys.
                    Actually the Dallas Cowboys use Pluck.

http://www.truebluefanclub.com/socialnet/forums.cfm
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                      Actually the Dallas Cowboys use Pluck.

http://www.truebluefanclub.com/socialnet/forums.cfm
                      LOL no man i was not saying what their forums use..i was simply comparing them like talking about football teams them selves. But good find none the less.
                      Pixel Playground

Comment

Well the fact that you Ride a Kawi tells us more about your mental state.... so just stop now lol

VB< the rest

And why would you come to a VB forum to advertise that you have another brand of board? You must be board or don't have a life if you have this much time on your hands...
                        www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

Just to put things in perspective here. The Arizona Cardinals use vBulletin as their discussion software--the underdog-rudy team of the 2008 season. The Cowboys who you so eloquently compared to Invision Board did not even make the playoffs this year.

If we really want to compare teams, I guess you could then juxtapose vBulletin to the Steelers, but that would just be immature. :P

Overall I do not really see where this is going. It is great that you use Invision Board. I would have to assume (Just pulling it out of thin air) that most people here use vBulletin. There has been no discussion as to why your choice is better, and as such I would consider you a troll.

I will leave an urban dictionary entry and a link for you to peruse:
                          One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.
                          http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

Otherwise I apologize sincerely to everyone here for feeding the troll.

Comment

Trolls need food too.... no worries....
                            www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

The BBS doesn't matter. Content is king.
                              Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X