X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atomusuku-sama
    replied
    Originally posted by Jakeman
    IE for mac sucks. IE for mac OS X sucks harder. Omniweb has always been faster and more stable than IE on the mac side.
    No kidding, IE 5.1 for OS X is just a lousy carbonized port of IE 5, they don't take any noticeable advantages of X.

OmniWeb takes full advantage of X, Aqua-fied buttons, smoothed text (makes web sites look stunning), built in spell check on all text entry fields, to name a few, great stuff.

Though it's still a work in progress, OmniWeb still has bugs, but they are continuing to work hard, using feedback from users.

4.1 is dew out someday soon.

Take a look at the attachment, it shows the buttons in OmniWeb and IE. (Can see a little of that smooth text too.)

IE blows.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. X
    replied
    I dont use any custom 3rd party tools to change my GUI, I just need that IE5 icon. I like that thing

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    there are aqua guis for windows out there. not sure where exactly. in the beginning apple knocked down some of them for imitating the aqua interface though... they're harder to find now i think.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. X
    replied
    Speaking of IE for OSX, anyone know of a W2K compatible Icon that has that cool glassy look of the one in OSX?

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    IE for mac sucks. IE for mac OS X sucks harder. Omniweb has always been faster and more stable than IE on the mac side.

Leave a comment:

• facamus
    replied
    Re: Mac... Oh yes...

Originally posted by Atomusuku-sama
    Mac user using OS X 10.1, smooth.

I'm also using OmniWeb 4.0.5 for X, works great with vBulletin! Wish they'd come out with 4.1 though.
    so whats better internet explorer or omniweb?

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    hehe, macwrite... i used to use that program on my old Mac LC (the writing program called macwrite)

cool site btw

Leave a comment:

• Mac Write
    replied
    I have a Mac, and run a Mac site

Please Please come to my Mac forums and sign up and post post post. It is looking so lonely there.

http://www.macwrite.com/forums/

Leave a comment:

• Atomusuku-sama
    replied
    Mac... Oh yes...

Mac user using OS X 10.1, smooth.

I'm also using OmniWeb 4.0.5 for X, works great with vBulletin! Wish they'd come out with 4.1 though.

Leave a comment:

• fury
    replied
    PC here too. If I had the option to take a Mac or take a Mac and a personal check for $5000, I'd smash the Mac and take the personal check

Sorry guys. I don't really do anything in Photoshop that my T-bird [email protected] can't do. In fact, I don't really do anything in Photoshop at all, I use Paintshop Pro

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Running the following:

PowerMac 6500/250 running OS 9.0.1
    PowerMac 9500/200 bumped to G4/400 running OS 9.0.1
    Purchasing this November G4 Dual 800 & powerbook

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    yummy, new powerbooks and iBooks.

wow, the new pbs have a 133 fsb, and a 16MB DDR Radeon mobility graphics card.

Leave a comment:

• Sinecure
    replied
    Mr.x, I think I am in love
    Those computers are sexier then my GF, well, not really, but it is nice to dream

Leave a comment:

• poil11
    replied
    me got a few macs and one mp3 player (dell computer). i am about to replace it with a g3 mp3 player soon.

Leave a comment:

• thewitt
    replied
    Originally posted by Sinecure
    hmm gasoline would really deform that nasty outer shell its made up of eh I think theres some at school I might consider toarchin
    It never ceases to amaze me at how threatened PC users seem to be by Macs.

Now you don't see me burning my PC when I've had to reboot it for the third time in a day. Not that I don't burn it , just that you don't see me ...

-t

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X