X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weedmatic
    replied
    Originally posted by eJM View Post
    The people at vBSEO.com don't all work for them. Just like the people here don't all work for vBulletin. If you are looking for reasons not to buy it, you will. If you are looking for reasons to buy it, you will. Unfortunately, you weren't specific enough for anyone to give you any conclusive answers.

I have been using it for nearly 3 years. I love it and I doubt vBulletin will have anything close to it as an integral part of their forum script for a long time to come. They certainly won't be putting vBSEO out of business, as far as I can tell.

Jim
    cosign

Leave a comment:

• eJM
    replied
    Originally posted by x YNWA x View Post
    Ok Ill have another look. All I can see is that it changes urls to search engine friendly but nothing else? They are simple to do and I am currently doing that on another site, it requires a lot more effort to get high in google than just changing the urls, but yes it does help. I was 90% sure about buying it but now I am not so sure.
    It's important to research something like that thoroughly before asking for the opinions of other people. How will you be able to determine if they know what they are talking about? It doesn't seem like you even looked at the feature list.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• jeffinj
    replied
    I use it on my forum (see my siggy).

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Yes, I use vBSEO on the wetalk.tv network on a few sites, but I am not going to get more licenses.

Leave a comment:

• Cromulent
    replied
    Ok Ill have another look. All I can see is that it changes urls to search engine friendly but nothing else? They are simple to do and I am currently doing that on another site, it requires a lot more effort to get high in google than just changing the urls, but yes it does help. I was 90% sure about buying it but now I am not so sure.
    It does a lot more than just rewriting URLs.

Leave a comment:

• x YNWA x
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eJM
    replied
    Cheers. I think I would benefit from it. But I cannot see what it does other than change the url's? Does it do more than that and if so what? Thanks.
    I couldn't possibly do better than the vBSEO features listed and explained at vBSEO.com.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• SeeLand
    replied
    I don't use vbseo but I will use next month.
    vbSEO change the structure of url same to the simple html and pages of your forum is better sea on the search engine like google, yahoo.etc...this change bring more trafic to your website forum from search engines.

Leave a comment:

• x YNWA x
    replied
    Originally posted by dutchbb View Post
    It's just one piece of the puzzle, people tend to expect way too much from it. It's good for pretty and consistent URL's, but don't think you can lay back and wait for the traffic to come after installation.

You wil still need
    - marketing
    - linkbuilding
    - content
    - nice design
    etc
    Hi
    I do agree and I will still be doing marketing and linkbuilding. The content will be good and useful and the design is quite decent so far. Just in the middle of changing the logo and I am learning how to do a custom skin too.

If all it does is changes the URL's then there is an addon at vborg that does that. I know there is no magic formula to it but sef urls help. The only information I have is that it changes the url's which not much to charge £150 for really.

Leave a comment:

• dutchbb
    replied
    Hi
    I am 90% certain I will purchase vbseo but I am just wanting feedback from people who actually use it and does it actually work like they say? Would I be better spending the money on google adverts instead? How does it all work?

Thanks
    It's just one piece of the puzzle, people tend to expect way too much from it. It's good for pretty and consistent URL's, but don't think you can lay back and wait for the traffic to come after installation.

You wil still need
    - marketing
    - linkbuilding
    - content
    - nice design
    etc

VB4 might have pretty urls, but I also doubt it will be identical to vbseo, URL rewriting takes a lot of work, time and knowledge. Vbseo has now years of expercience, so you can expect a very good and bug-free product.

And I don't care if you buy it or not, I do not gain anything from it

Leave a comment:

• x YNWA x
    replied
    Originally posted by eJM View Post
    The people at vBSEO.com don't all work for them. Just like the people here don't all work for vBulletin. If you are looking for reasons not to buy it, you will. If you are looking for reasons to buy it, you will. Unfortunately, you weren't specific enough for anyone to give you any conclusive answers.

I have been using it for nearly 3 years. I love it and I doubt vBulletin will have anything close to it as an integral part of their forum script for a long time to come. They certainly won't be putting vBSEO out of business, as far as I can tell.

Jim
    Cheers. I think I would benefit from it. But I cannot see what it does other than change the url's? Does it do more than that and if so what? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• eJM
    replied

Jim

Leave a comment:

• x YNWA x
    replied
    That is why I asked on here The guys there are going to be a bit biased towards it so want to get an all round opinion rather than from a sales person wanting my money type opinion lol

Cheers for the replies. Ill hold off until vb4, when is that due?

Does vbso just basically rewrite the URLs or does it do much more than that?

Leave a comment:

• veenuisthebest
    replied
    I am 90% certain I will purchase vbseo
    It would be a wise decision to wait for vb4. So, I won't recommend it now.

Leave a comment:

• Razasharp
    replied
    Prob best to ask on their forum.

In my opinion it's not worth it. vB4 is going to have keyword rich urls anyway, along with duplicate content urls pretty much going.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X