Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else besides me prefers the look of vB 2 to vB 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Chat Who else besides me prefers the look of vB 2 to vB 3?

I can't be the only one!
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Other than the color scheme and a different icon set, what is the difference between the look of vB2 & vB3?! You still can create the exact vB2 look using CSS only and vB2's icon set.

Edit: If you mean the thread starter on its own column, there's a tutorial to do this in vB3 in the quick tips and customizations forum.
    You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

Used to like vB2 alot more but now im so used to this one.

Comment

vb2 Style had a kind of "simplistic" feel to it. I kind of liked that

Comment

I like the templates in vB3, but I did prefer vB2's color scheme, oddly enough.
          Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

Anyone have a pic of it? I haven't seen vB pre 3
            Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
            VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
            vBulletin Hosting and Services
            Server / Website Consultation

Comment

I like the old look Firefly designed manipulating vBulletin 2 styles. It was awesome
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
                Anyone have a pic of it? I haven't seen vB pre 3

There used to be a skin on vb.com for vb 3 that looked like vb 2

Here is how vb 2 looked out of the box

http://www.la91fmchile.cl/foros3/

Comment

Not me

I would never rely on the default skin anyway, always aim to give your site a fresh identity, something that makes it stand out from the crowd.
                  What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
                    Not me

I would never rely on the default skin anyway, always aim to give your site a fresh identity, something that makes it stand out from the crowd.
                    There is a bit of rigidity in the vB3 design that didn't exist in the vB2 design though.
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

vB2 look is too 1990 ish
                      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
                        There is a bit of rigidity in the vB3 design that didn't exist in the vB2 design though.
                        That shouldn't stop you customising them tho - I think some of our sites don't look anything like vB, some of them function quite differently too.

I'd like vB to be less rigid functionally tho - as they don't make it easy for you on that count.
                        What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

Here's one that is till running strong.

http://members.lovingyou.com/

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X