big money web sites ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big money web sites ???

Today I read about this 17 year old girl who dropped out of high school so she could work full time on her website. The website generates around 1 million dollars a year. The website creates and lets people download back grounds for MySpace pages. That is ALL it's about... She has over 5,000 back grounds for people to download and they are FREE. Oh and in September she will start selling screen savers for mobile phones at 1.69 a pop. Think about it.. 7 million hits a month...figure she'll sell like 2 million of those screen savers every month... do the math

My question is.. How in the world can a site like that make a million dollars a year?... It amazes me to no end.

She gets 7 million hits a month and runs all the adsense crap..advertising ect ect.. Is that it?... So many people come to the site and click the adsense advertisements?.. She had no donation buttons or anything.

Just seems to easy to me, so why doesn't everyone do it?

Another site alows people to make LOLZ's.. You upload a picture and it lets you write funny stuff on the pic.. That is all it does and that site brings in 8,000 a month.....

Why in the frig am I getting up at 7 A.M to go to my stupid job?..lol...

17 years old making a million a year letting people download Myspace crap.. AMAZING

You seem to be jealous. =D
    selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

Alot of preparations and hard work needs to be done for this.

Comment

supply and demand, teenagers also have disposable incomes and can waste it on things like screen savers for their phones. Remember that one website where the guy charged a dollar for you to run your ad on one of the million pixels he sold. He made a million bucks with that site and did it again a few years later charging $2 a pixel.
        I love lamp

Comment

Originally posted by Lenni View Post
          You seem to be jealous. =D
          Yes I am lol..yes I know that is not nice, but who wouldn't be just a little bit.

Originally posted by Rocky1981 View Post
          Alot of preparations and hard work needs to be done for this.
          She had people build up Myspace backgrounds for download.. somehow the site gained lots of traffic and the add companies payed lots of money to be there. She had to quit school to keep up with it lol.. Internet didn't even exists when I graduated.

Originally posted by Redseal View Post
          supply and demand, teenagers also have disposable incomes and can waste it on things like screen savers for their phones. Remember that one website where the guy charged a dollar for you to run your ad on one of the million pixels he sold. He made a million bucks with that site and did it again a few years later charging $2 a pixel.
          Yes and she has a dedicated following obviously... She's going to make mega millions as soon as those screen savers go up for sale..... 7 million hits a month, and most of them will probably pay the 1.69 for a screen saver.. She'll make 5 million her first month easily.

It's just a site that lets you download myspace backgrounds... there are millions of those sites on the net.

Comment

In theory I could build my own background download site, put it on the net and get millions lol. It would need constant content and be interesting.. that is where the creativity and hard work play in..

It's just amazing you can cash in with, really, a simple idea that isn't really that hard compared to building your own law firm or something.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X