Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reputation points system

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reputation points system

    Hi all,
    I was over at vbulletin.org to ask about this but no one helping out. So I come over here to try my luck to ask if anyone out there can help.
    I have done most of the stuffs and configurations and left with this before I can launch my forum out.

    Anyone know to do this


    For users to add reputation points to one another and displaying it on the top right hand corner of the post as shown.(their nick and comments will be shown on the User CP).

    Anyone can help advice on how/where I can import do the code insertion?

    Thanks

  • #2
    Hello, anyone out there can help and advice on this?

    Comment


    • #3
      Try to search for it, i think there is some code being shared some time back.

      Comment


      • #4
        What exactly are you having a problem with?

        Comment


        • #5
          I have no idea how to use this on my forums lol but I'd like to. can someone link me to a tutorial? or just post the basics?

          Comment


          • #6
            How to use what? The reputation system?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Zachery View Post
              How to use what? The reputation system?
              yes sir

              Comment


              • #8
                http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/reputation_intro

                See That, if you still have questions let me know,.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                  http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/reputation_intro

                  See That, if you still have questions let me know,.
                  heres one for ya. how do I enable it? LOL

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                    What exactly are you having a problem with?
                    The normal activating and enabling of the reputation system and the showing of reputation power will not show the "Points" as shown above. It needs some additional code in the postbit to do it but am having problems with it..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ChicagoPhotoShop View Post
                      heres one for ya. how do I enable it? LOL
                      To show reputation power on the post;
                      Admin CP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Thread Display Options (showthread) > Posts Elements > check "Show Reputation Power"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I got the code of the postbit but having errors..

                        The code;
                        Code:
                        [FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000000]<if  condition="$show['infraction']"><div>$vbphrase[infractions]:  $post[warnings]/$post[infractions]  ($post[ipoints])</div></if>[/COLOR][/FONT]
                         [COLOR=blue][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]<fieldset  class="fieldset">[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
                         [COLOR=blue][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]<legend>My Reputation:</legend>[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
                         [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=blue]Points:  <strong>$post[reputation]</strong>[/COLOR][COLOR=red]<if condition="$show['reppower']">[/COLOR][COLOR=blue] / Power: $post[reppower][/COLOR][COLOR=red]</if>[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]<br  />[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
                         [COLOR=blue][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]$post[reputationdisplay][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
                         [COLOR=blue][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]</fieldset>[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
                         [FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000000]<span  id="reppower_$post[postid]_$post[userid]">$post[reppower]</span>  </if><div><span  id="repdisplay_$post[postid]_$post[userid]">$post[reputationdisplay]</span></div></if>[/COLOR][/FONT]
                         [FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000000]                                                             $template_hook[postbit_userinfo_right][/COLOR][/FONT]
                         [FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000000]                                                             <div>$post[icqicon] $post[aimicon] $post[msnicon] $post[yahooicon]  $post[skypeicon]</div>[/COLOR][/FONT]
                        But when I click on Save and Reload, it promt me a message;

                        "The following error occurred when attempting to evaluate this template:
                        The conditional on line 73 appears to be missing its beginning tag (<if>). This may cause unexpected behavior.

                        This is likely caused by a malformed conditional statement. It is highly recommended that you fix this error before continuing, but you may continue as-is if you wish."



                        And I don't know which "<if>" or which part of the code goes wrong. I'm not good at coding. So if anyone knows please help advice. Thanks

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Rock On View Post
                          To show reputation power on the post;
                          Admin CP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Thread Display Options (showthread) > Posts Elements > check "Show Reputation Power"
                          thats good to know ( I didnt) but I meant how do I enable it for myself...but I found the check box

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rock On View Post
                            I got the code of the postbit but having errors..

                            The code;
                            Code:
                            [FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000000]<if  condition="$show['infraction']"><div>$vbphrase[infractions]:  $post[warnings]/$post[infractions]  ($post[ipoints])</div></if>[/COLOR][/FONT]
                             [COLOR=blue][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]<fieldset  class="fieldset">[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
                             [COLOR=blue][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]<legend>My Reputation:</legend>[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
                             [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=blue]Points:  <strong>$post[reputation]</strong>[/COLOR][COLOR=red]<if condition="$show['reppower']">[/COLOR][COLOR=blue] / Power: $post[reppower][/COLOR][COLOR=red]</if>[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]<br  />[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
                             [COLOR=blue][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]$post[reputationdisplay][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
                             [COLOR=blue][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]</fieldset>[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
                             [FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000000]<span  id="reppower_$post[postid]_$post[userid]">$post[reppower]</span>  </if><div><span  id="repdisplay_$post[postid]_$post[userid]">$post[reputationdisplay]</span></div></if>[/COLOR][/FONT]
                             [FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000000]                                                             $template_hook[postbit_userinfo_right][/COLOR][/FONT]
                             [FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000000]                                                             <div>$post[icqicon] $post[aimicon] $post[msnicon] $post[yahooicon]  $post[skypeicon]</div>[/COLOR][/FONT]
                            But when I click on Save and Reload, it promt me a message;

                            "The following error occurred when attempting to evaluate this template:
                            The conditional on line 73 appears to be missing its beginning tag (<if>). This may cause unexpected behavior.

                            This is likely caused by a malformed conditional statement. It is highly recommended that you fix this error before continuing, but you may continue as-is if you wish."



                            And I don't know which "<if>" or which part of the code goes wrong. I'm not good at coding. So if anyone knows please help advice. Thanks
                            You are missing the reputation conditional, and you also have 2 too many </if>'s (1 too many with the missing conditional put back in). I'm not sure of the look you are going for, but try this:

                            Code:
                            <if  condition="$show['infraction']"><div>$vbphrase[infractions]:  $post[warnings]/$post[infractions]  ($post[ipoints])</div></if>
                            
                             <if condition="$show['reputation']"><fieldset class="fieldset">
                             <legend>My Reputation:</legend>
                             Points:  <strong>$post[reputation]</strong><if condition="$show['reppower']"> / Power: $post[reppower]</if><br  />
                             $post[reputationdisplay]
                             </fieldset></if>
                                                                                          $template_hook[postbit_userinfo_right]
                            <div>$post[icqicon] $post[aimicon] $post[msnicon] $post[yahooicon]  $post[skypeicon]</div>
                            DoE
                            Senior Member
                            Last edited by DoE; Thu 5 Mar '09, 10:12am. Reason: Removed code causing rep to display twice.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DoE View Post
                              You are missing the reputation conditional, and you also have 2 too many </if>'s (1 too many with the missing conditional put back in). I'm not sure of the look you are going for, but try this:
                              It works! EXCELLENT! Thank you so much dude. this problem has been bothering me for few days, luckily there are really good kind soul and great people like you to help me out on this. God bless you forever. You're the man. Cheers!

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X