Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer service horror stories

Share yours, but of course don't mention names

This week I sent a hard-drive back with a loud buzzing noise to an extremely well-known online electronics retailer. It was sent back to me at a charge of 19.54 and rejected for replacement due to cosmetic damage which was present when I had originally received the drive. Because the drive still was functionally fine, and the damage was so minor I didn't send it back in the first place. I sent an email this morning explaining my dismay and I hope they will rectify this situation, and refund me the ridiculous charge. I've attached pictures of the damage to show how pedantic they are being Look very carefully at the little piece of plastic that is bent less than the width of a pinhead where the SATA power connector goes into the drive!
    Attached Files
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

This isn't how the internet works. Names please.
    selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lenni View Post
      This isn't how the internet works. Names please.
      It would put this forum in a tricky position if we were to name names
      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post

Comment

Originally posted by golfer adam View Post
          It could be considered libel, I doubt Jelsoft want to risk that.
          - TomJames

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
            Hm, yes, well, maybe. I always thought, as long as it's the truth, we can call names all the way we want. But might be different in the US already. Anyways...
            selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

I got one with my current ISP at the moment

It all started off with me moving house and buying the internet there, i rang up this company and asked them if they could provide me an internet service, yea they were more than happy to rob me of my money, ill explain why now

I ordered the internet service, and they explained to me that it would take a week for the internet service to be activated, and the router sent to my home address, i waited over a week and still no sign of it. I rang the company up and they told me that an order for internet was not placed on my account, i told them that i rang up over a week ago and was waiting for the service to arrive, so after some stern words with the Supervisor/Manager i managed to get a result, however ANOTHER week passed and STILL no internet parts arrived, i rang them and they said that i had the wrong type of line and would not provide internet service on that. So after some quite heavy words and almost having the phone hung up on me twice, i eventually got it.

Be careful, some peple say they are doing stuff, but never really do.
              Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X