Dropped water on my keyboard :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropped water on my keyboard :(

And now half of the keys on my laptop won't work.

Anyone have any miracle cures? I don't wanna buy a new computer...
    Photography :: Bird Information and Help

Have you tried using a hair dryer on it?

Comment

Unscrew the case from the works and use distilled water and a very soft brush (like a makeup brush for base) to clean, then a hair dryer on a low setting until dry. Leave it sit open for several hours to let any residual moisture evaporate and then put it back together. If it works, it cost you a brush. If it don't, time for a new keyboard.

My favorite keyboard, Deck, is derived from those used in police vehicles and can withstand a few spills:

I also like the DiNovo, by Logitech, but for an expensive board, the lettering wears off too quickly - but I just had some clear nail polish added for durability:

'Course, I've also been known to cover the most used keys with chrome or take other steps to protect them - but all keyboards should be able to recover from a little water damage:

Perhaps you just have to learn to be a little neater.

R'gards,

Jim aka Grump
      If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
      www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

I should have mentioned that it is a laptop. This happened last night and the keys have already dried, I think, but still nothing. Anything I can try to do with the laptop one?

I really have no money to buy a new computer at this point. Argh.
        Photography :: Bird Information and Help

Comment

get a USB keyboard and just plug it in.

Comment

Those cleavage pictures are a little random.
            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Do you know what "random" means? I chose those pictures specifically, not at random. If you are offended by average young women at work, then stay home. And by all means, don't subscribe to this thread so you will not be tempted to look again.

And yes, Tailfeathers, mentioning that you spilled water on your laptop could have saved poor ol' Dean some burning in his... Eyes? I don't own a laptop and wouldn't recommend anything I said above for a laptop.

Jim
              If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
              www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

You can pull your thumb out now, Jim. Contrary to the assumption you made, that I was offended by the pictures, I am not.
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Sorry, I was confused by your improper use of the term "random." I do better when reading proper English.

Jim
                  www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

If for sure in a few days your laptop hasn't dried out, I would see if your laptop manufacturer sells replacement keyboards and see if it's possible to replace the keyboard.
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                      Those cleavage pictures are a little random.
                      The third image .. the cam is pointing to it specifically, and not the keyboard she's working on.

random is the right word.

Comment

I don't think we need to have a bust up over this.

Anyway, good luck with the keyboard.
                        - TomJames

Comment

typical eJM move

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                            The third image .. the cam is pointing to it specifically, and not the keyboard she's working on.

random is the right word.
                            IF the camera were pointing directly at the cleavage, then it would hardly be considered "random." It would be purposeful, wouldn't it? In any case, the cleavage may be centered, but that is no indication of where the camera is pointing. Any decent photographer (and I ain't claiming to be decent, just entertaining) will tell you that the focal point isn't always the center of a picture.

Originally posted by ChicagoPhotoShop View Post
                            typical eJM move
                            Was the snide remark necessary, or even truthful? I illustrated what I thought was actually a very helpful post (before it was mentioned that the keyboard was a laptop). I don't "typically" illustrate my posts. I don't "typically" try to entertain in my posts. But apparently you are developing the behavior of ridiculing or insulting me for no apparent reason other than to make your displeasure known to all. Your comment added nothing to the conversation and was an immature reaction. Now that's typical of you.

Jim
                            www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

Originally posted by eJM View Post
                              I illustrated what I thought was actually a very helpful post (before it was mentioned that the keyboard was a laptop).
                              That's impressive seeing as it was mentioned as being a laptop in the first post.

Comment

Working...
                              X