vBulletin.com Member Privilages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin.com Member Privilages

Would vBulletin.com ever consider adjusting user permissions on this forum? Everything seems to be bog standard throughout the board.

For example, the Senior Member title is massive and so broad. How about adding more titles or ranks?

What does everyone else think?
    Digital Kaos Satellite Forum
    SEO Blog Pagerank Checker
    Free File Hosting

We try to keep this forum set to the default vB configuration as much as possible.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Why not show potential customers some of the features that can be used?

Board qwners don't really need to help out on here but it would be nice to have a little something for the people who do put in the effort and help out the vb staff.
      Free File Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by glennybee View Post
        but it would be nice to have a little something for the people who do put in the effort and help out the vb staff.
        This is true.

Comment

That would be vBulletin.org, which is heavily customized and great demo to customers.

Comment

That's not the point I was making!
            Free File Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
              That would be vBulletin.org, which is heavily customized and great demo to customers.
              It isn't a good demo if you can't use some of the hacks on a current version of vBulletin.

Jim
              If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
              www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

Originally posted by glennybee View Post
                That's not the point I was making!
                Well that was the point Floris was making
                Originally posted by eJM View Post
                It isn't a good demo if you can't use some of the hacks on a current version of vBulletin.

Jim
                vB.com dosen't pay attention to what hacks are compatable with the version or keeps up to date with all the popular mods out there
                vB.org is the places to be at for the customization
                Sound District

Comment

I think eJM meant that vb.org does not run the latest version of vBulletin and therefore some of the hacks that tthey are showing off will not be comptabile with the latest versions.
                  - TomJames

Comment

Originally posted by TomJames View Post
                    I think eJM meant that vb.org does not run the latest version of vBulletin and therefore some of the hacks that tthey are showing off will not be comptabile with the latest versions.
                    It just takes time for someone or the developer himself to step in and update it which most do and the most popular ones get updated quite often.
                    If vB.com changed the whole format of not looking like the default, I could see some new customers signing up then saying "wow this looks like a piece of sh*t, looks nothing like vb.com!" having no clue what the default is. IMO
                    Sound District

Comment

I think it's poor business practice for a sister site to vBulletin.com to run such an old version of vB. It does NOT make a good demo because it isn't the current version. It doesn't show what the possibilities are with the version any fool would buy when shopping for a forum application. My hope is that Jelsoft/IB will at some point realize that vBulletin.org could be an excellent sales tool and that their business can benefit greatly by using that resource as they should.

Do you think any of the major auto companies rely strictly on the stock depictions of their cars? Or do they merely throw money at after market manufacturers and racing teams for the fun of it? Partnering a good product with aesthetic and performance enhancing third parties is a proven method of increasing revenue and popularity. vBulletin has faltered along the way. Time to get with the program.

Jim
                      If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
                      www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

I would prefer it if vbulletin.org ran the stock theme and fixed it so that the first description post for any mod/template only showed up on the first page, not every single one. That way I wouldn't have to scroll through that huge block every time.

They should also give developers with popular mods access to project tools somehow so there is better bug tracking on the mods and it is easier to communicate with developers. I really hope they implement the CMS there as soon as possible. Its a great resource but it seems like there is quite a bit missing sometimes.
                        I love lamp

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                          but they are using an old version....going on very old version.

Comment

Seems this thread has gone slightly off topic. It is about member levels on vb.com, not the style of vb.org.
                            Free File Hosting

Comment

I kinda like the neutrality of the current titles. Post count rankings means nothing in most cases.
                              Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X