Vista Ultimate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Chat Vista Ultimate

On a new PC, how much space would Vista Ultimate 64-bit use? I have a new PC like that and it seems to be taking an extreme amount.

Thanks
    Cliff
    PathLabTalk
    Square Wheels Cycling

15~gb or so? Its realy not that much as far as storage goes these days.

Comment

running 64 ultimate here flawless, with 4gb ram
      Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
        running 64 ultimate here flawless, with 4gb ram
        I think he was asking about hard drive space not RAM.

This is what I have on my computer:
        Vista Premium (32-bit) - 15.8 GB
        Windows 7 Ultimate Beta (64-bit) - 12.9 GB
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by dilbert View Post
          On a new PC, how much space would Vista Ultimate 64-bit use? I have a new PC like that and it seems to be taking an extreme amount.

Thanks
          With 1TB sata2 drives with 32mb cache from samsung and seagate being around $80, i think disk space is now neglictable

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
            With 1TB sata2 drives with 32mb cache from samsung and seagate being around $80, i think disk space is now neglictable
            Thanks Floris, this may be true, but the drive I have is a bit different.
            It's a Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s. I installed my old drive as a seconday to put things like iTunes on.
            I installed Office 2007 Pro and CS3 Web Premium, and a few other very small programs.
            There are over 150 GB taken up at this point.
            I installed all of the Microsoft updates available for Vista, and it installed a lot of language packs (that I don't need). Even after uninstalling them, the drive is 40% full.
            It's a new PC, I think I'll use the recovery discs and reset it back to the factory settings.
            Cliff
            PathLabTalk
            Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

Originally posted by dilbert View Post
              Thanks Floris, this may be true, but the drive I have is a bit different.
              It's a Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s. I installed my old drive as a seconday to put things like iTunes on.
              I installed Office 2007 Pro and CS3 Web Premium, and a few other very small programs.
              There are over 150 GB taken up at this point.
              I installed all of the Microsoft updates available for Vista, and it installed a lot of language packs (that I don't need). Even after uninstalling them, the drive is 40% full.
              It's a new PC, I think I'll use the recovery discs and reset it back to the factory settings.
              Vista Ultimate - 15 GB - 20 GB depending on features
              Office 2007 Pro - All features installed - 600 - 700 MB
              Adobe WP CS3 - All Features Installed 13-14 GBs

Total - 35.6 GBs
              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
              Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Velocipaptors are speed drives and you should really be running a large drive for your programs that do not require the speed.

Comment

Working...
                X