Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TomJames
    replied
    Hopefully they won't be dropping orders a lot (or chairs or tables for that matter)

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    uh-oh

danger will robinson

edit ========================

"I am also working on opening a new kind of restaurant that will use databases to achieve a better customer experience. (Expect a special discount for database developers!). More about this later..."

what? O_o
    Last edited by Dream; Thu 5 Feb '09, 5:24pm.

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Here is more information from Michael 'Monty' Widenius.

http://monty-says.blogspot.com/

Leave a comment:

• TomJames
    replied
    Sadly since Sun acquired MySQL things seem to be slowly going wrong, a lot of dissatisfaction with them from the OSS community. Oh well, best of luck to Monty.

Leave a comment:

• bigwater
    started a topic So long Monty

So long Monty

It's being widely reported that Monty Widenius, the original developer of MySQL, has resigned his postition with Sun out of dissatisfaction with the latest release(s) of MySQL.

I've not found any news releases from Sun to confirm this yet, most everything I'm seeing is blog postings from what are generally considered to be reputable sources.

If this is true, and at this point I'm inclined to believe it is, it's a sad day for all of us that use MySQL. His vision brought us a database engine that was second to none. Hopefully he'll be able to carry his Maria project with him and bring to fruition... it sure showed a lot of promise and I would bet that if he leaves it at Sun, it's going to wither on the vine.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X