Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AntiVirus 2009 Alert

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Computer Chat AntiVirus 2009 Alert

    AntiVirus 2009 has come back screaming and is obliterating any system it infects. I unfortunately got hit with this trojan but found a way to delete it.

    If you HAVE been infected with AntiVirus 2009/2008, you need to follow these exact steps to remove the program, as it does not show in "Add/Remove Program Files" and the uninstall link is a dudd.

    Removal of AntiVirus 2009

    Delete Antivirus 2009 files:

    av2009.exe
    Antivirus2009.exe
    shlwapi.dll
    wininet.dll
    Antivirus 2009.lnk
    Uninstall Antivirus 2009.lnk

    These files will most likely be located in Docs & Settings > {account name} > Start Menu

    Delete Antivirus 2009 Registry Keys:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareAntivirus
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREAntivirus
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun"Antivirus" = "%ProgramFiles%Antivirus 2009Antvrs.exe"

    To delete registry keys: Click on your start menu (for XP/Vista users) and select "Run." Type in regedit and the Registry Editor will open.

    This is to be taken seriously! AntiVirus 2009 uses a Trojan horse, usually Zlob, to enter your computer system. Masquerading as a video codec. It is essential that if you become infected with this, you must follow the above steps to remove it as soon as possible.

  • #2
    http://www.removal-instructions.com/...virus2009.html
    Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

    Comment


    • #3
      is this the latest epidemic people are talking about
      Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

      Comment


      • #4
        If that's what you want to call it. Regardless of how people look at this; it has been known to total a hard drive or two. Apparently it can request packets from a middle server, sending a DOS back to your own computer.

        Comment


        • #5
          Mate you have to get a good quality antivirus program that will remove those files and bugs for you.

          AVG is supposed to be good.

          Norton is supposed to be good.
          Aussiefootyforums

          New Site New forum
          Come and talk sports all day long


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jacob B View Post
            Removal of AntiVirus 2009
            ComboFix will do the job.

            Originally posted by hawksgirl View Post
            AVG is supposed to be good.

            Norton is supposed to be good.
            From my experience, Kaspersky Internet Security is the best.

            Comment


            • #7
              There have been Major changes in recommendations in Anti-Virus software the past 6 months..

              Microsoft is now highly recommending Avast Pro Antivirus [4.8 is current] for all their Future Operating systems, Home and Business. And will also recommend Morro Anti-virus in 2010..
              AVG is preferred by many, but has a huge amount of false positives..
              Nortons Symantec is also very good, but tends to use a lot of system resources.. This has always been a problem with Nortons..

              Windows Live OneCare will have one more release, version 3.0, and then be discontinued. It will have a minor role as a free product to scan incoming and outgoing files in Windows Live Messenger and other Live Components..
              This has already started in Windows 7..
              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
              Microsoft Beta Team

              Comment


              • #8
                I bought a yearly Norton anti virus program and it is protecting all of my files and other things on the computer.
                Aussiefootyforums

                New Site New forum
                Come and talk sports all day long


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
                  There have been Major changes in recommendations in Anti-Virus software the past 6 months..

                  Microsoft is now highly recommending Avast Pro Antivirus [4.8 is current] for all their Future Operating systems, Home and Business. And will also recommend Morro Anti-virus in 2010..
                  AVG is preferred by many, but has a huge amount of false positives..
                  Nortons Symantec is also very good, but tends to use a lot of system resources.. This has always been a problem with Nortons..

                  Windows Live OneCare will have one more release, version 3.0, and then be discontinued. It will have a minor role as a free product to scan incoming and outgoing files in Windows Live Messenger and other Live Components..
                  This has already started in Windows 7..
                  All of which are full of ads and are expensive.
                  Aussiefootyforums

                  New Site New forum
                  Come and talk sports all day long


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by hawksgirl View Post
                    All of which are full of ads and are expensive.
                    They actually all have Free versions, and the paid ones are cheaper than Norton's Pro versions.
                    Which cause about 20% of reported Windows issues...
                    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                    Microsoft Beta Team

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by hawksgirl View Post
                      All of which are full of ads and are expensive.
                      My Avast! Home has no ads, it's fast and I love it since I removed Norton and installed it a couple years ago. Nice to hear Microsoft is recommending it.

                      edit: forgot to mention it's free
                      Last edited by Dream; Sun 1 Feb '09, 5:28pm.
                      Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Indeed, Avast is brilliant.
                        - TomJames

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by hawksgirl View Post
                          All of which are full of ads and are expensive.
                          Avast > Norton .

                          Been using the free version of Avast for years and have never seen an ad in all that time. Not sure where you got that information from but you might want to get a better source.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Independent anti-virus test results (by AV-Test.org, September 2, 2008):


                            ---------------------Malware --------------------Adware/Spyware

                            G Data AVK 2009: ----99.8%-----------------------99.8%

                            Avira AntiVir:---------99.8%------------------------99.0%

                            F Secure 2009:-------99.2%------------------------99.6%

                            Avast:---------------99.3%------------------------98.3%

                            Kaspersky:-----------98.4%------------------------98.3%

                            Norton:--------------98.7%------------------------95.4%

                            ZoneAlarm:----------97.8%-------------------------97.7%

                            McAfee:-------------93.6%------------------------94.5%

                            Trend Micro:---------91.3%------------------------88.5%


                            **All versions in the above table are 2009.


                            So, G Data AVK 2009, Avira AntiVir and F Secure 2009 are the best. But are they really?

                            Avast and Kaspersky are pretty close to each other.


                            All results: http://www.virusbtn.com/news/2008/09_02
                            Last edited by kyrgyz; Sun 1 Feb '09, 7:20pm.

                            Comment

                            Related Topics

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X