Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intensedebate (free comments script)

Has anybody seen this new comments tool called: Intensedebate

I saw it being used on a very popular workpress site. And decided to take a look at it. I've just installed it on my Aquarium Fish website and it very good.

Just thought people should check it out here.

http://www.intensedebate.com/

I do. Awesome system. Especially if you have wordpress.

It was recently purchased by the same company that created Wordpress.

Comment

It's also great if you use Twitter, as it can automatically submit all comments you post on your own site to twitter also at the same time. Great for boosting your site and highlighting certain pages on it via Twitter. And all done automatically for you too. It's a great comment system for site promotion as a whole with other tools it uses also.

It's been a blessing for me, because my Aquarium Fish website, is hosted on a different server host than my mrGTB site. And the server doesn't allow PHP to be included in HTML pages, like my mrGTB server host does. So I was unable to use the same PHP based comment script on Aquarium Fish that I use on mrGTB.

So this "Intensedebate" comment system that uses javascript to add it, has been a real find for me. To be able to now add a comment system to Aquarium Fish (finally). And a good one at that! Plus it goes to show, that you can run a simple HTML based website, and still be able to add a great comment system for free to it.

I was watching their WordPress video intergration movie, looks very well intergrated from what I saw.
      Last edited by MRGTB; Thu 29 Jan '09, 10:54am.

Comment

Wow I was going to throw an "I make my own comments systems har har" but this script looks very nice indeed I might actually use it instead of my home made one, thanks

Of course first it needs to integrate to my own user system, etc etc etc. And this is just a first impression, I have to test it more
        Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

Well it looks good and all, but it uses it's own users database and it's a hosted solution (which isn't bad actually).

The real problem is it's only English right now, but I'm sure it will evolve in the coming months. It's something to follow.
          Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

I hear Wordpress have bought it, not sure how much truth is in that

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
              I hear Wordpress have bought it, not sure how much truth is in that
              Auttomatic (creators of Wordpress) bought them last year.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/09/23...omment-system/

Some of the features in Intense Debate are already present in Wordpress 2.7.0 and the Wordpress.com application.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I've also read with WordPress, that the comments are injected back into the WordPress page itself, and are not just stored in their Intensedebate comments database.

Which unfortunately, is the case with Website integration. The comments don't show-up in the web-page source code, which means no new content gets added to the web-page for Google to come back, index, and update your web-pages with more content for people to find your pages better as more comments are added.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X